CTP Insurance

I've been looking on whirlpool and google but cant find a comparison chart between CTP insurers, only a calculator which when you input the figures shows all the insurers pay the same premium

So simple question is which insurer provides the most comprehensive/best CTP cover? (Preferably in Qld)

CTP is state based. The green slip website is only relevant in NSW. In Qld you need to look at MAIC. All insurers are required to quote a single price (no variation due to risk) for everyone in Qld and it needs to be within a prescribed range set by the Government. As best I'm aware, all the insurers set their price at the top of this range at the moment...

I'm aware of the premiums being all largely the same

What I am wondering is the difference in the insurance portion

ta

Negligible in my opinion. All insurers are required to offer minimum statutory benefits for CTP which cover any bodily injuries you cause to someone else. Most offer a driver protection element for at fault drivers to varying degrees but these are relatively minimal in terms of the cover they provide and probably unlikely to be sufficient to cover the costs of long term care if ever required.

Back