Current Home Loan interest rates

Thank you for the suggestion Redom, even though it may cost you potential customer. Appreciated.

No dramas Edison - FYI - I don't think moving to NAB would be ideal (albeit, this statement is dependant on your longer term goals though). Beginning with ANZ is a good move.

I'd go to NAB and see if you can get a good rate of them - something around 4.30%. Get it in writing and then try and dangle that to ANZ. ANZ will come close, likely to 4.35% - but I don't think you'll get it down much lower for 1.4m in debt (at least not from my experience).

Good luck! :)

Cheers,
Redom

No dramas Edison - FYI - I don't think moving to NAB would be ideal (albeit, this statement is dependant on your longer term goals though). Beginning with ANZ is a good move.

I'd go to NAB and see if you can get a good rate of them - something around 4.30%. Get it in writing and then try and dangle that to ANZ. ANZ will come close, likely to 4.35% - but I don't think you'll get it down much lower for 1.4m in debt (at least not from my experience).

Cheers,
Redom

I tried that with ANZ on my NAB offer, best they can do is 4.34%

Hiya

How come a LOC?

SVR will provide same result at 0.1% less.

Cheers

Jamie

I need to pay $10 per month to have offset account against the SVR for ANZ. Whilst not much, it is something we don't want to pay if I don't have to and no significant advantages.

That's why I thought a LOC. But I think banks will take LOC away during GFC, right?

Cheers,
Redom

Good suggestion. I will try NAB to see what they can offer me for 1.4M ...

Bank is NAB. They are very negotiable, though loan restructuring is very inflexible. Amount 2M+, offered 4.25%

thanks.

I am also with nab and have found they are very accommodating.
$1m+ at 4.38%

they do drop the breakfree package fee but you have to ask every year.

One of the more easier to deal with lenders (serviceability wise) offered me 3.96% today variable, IO for 5 years, but no offset. Will see how it goes. I've used them before - mediocre service but then again don't think anyone is offering me 3.96% IO out there. I'm still in 2 minds about going with them again.

Did another one this week at 4.35% with a 0.4% rebate. This one is variable, IO for 5 years also with offset. Not too bad. Quite a generous lender also.

During my last re-fi, I signed a loan discharge authority for a loan I wanted to keep with AMP. Things worked out and I was able to keep the loan with AMP after all. Because of the discharge, I got a call from the rententions team to review my rate. A new variable rate of 4.35% has been approved. Very amazing! :D

I tried that with ANZ on my NAB offer, best they can do is 4.34%

I just refinanced 1.3M lending away from ANZ to another lender at 4.34% when ANZ wouldn't budge from 4.55%. They just were not interested in keeping my business. I had been a loyal customer for 15 years.

It boggles the mind that they choose to let customers leave only to chase business at the same rate costing them all new commissions etc.

Back