Cute quotes from kids

I love children's interpretations of the world they are just so cute.

Here is one of mine. My (then) 2.5 year old daughter was in the back seat of the car when Ricky Martin's song came on, the one that goes "she bangs, she bangs... she moves, she moves...." (it was one of the rare occasions that I had the radio on)

My daughter was quietly listening and I was wondering what she was thinking about then she said

"mummy, she shouldn't bang, that's very naughty isn't it? She could fall off"

Laughed my head off. :D

Many years ago when I was working retail I was serving a lady who had her young son with her. Her son pipes up and says "Mummy, I really need to go to the toilet" to which his mum replies "can you wait? I'm really busy at the moment." And the awesome response from her son "I can hold on mummy, but I don't think my poos can".

My gem was when I was minding miss-three-from-next-door in the days before kids. I told her we were changing the sheets and she looked at me sympathetically and said "why, did you wet the bed"!!
Marg

LOL

My cousins from Europe visited Australia with their 3 year old daughter. I took them to see the emus and kangaroos at a national park. Upon sighting the emus the 3 year old screams out "look how big the chickens are in Australia"

LOL

My cousins from Europe visited Australia with their 3 year old daughter. I took them to see the emus and kangaroos at a national park. Upon sighting the emus the 3 year old screams out "look how big the chickens are in Australia"

LOL nice one

Carrying my 4 year old son along the edge of Patpong markets while on holiday in Bangkok at about 6.30pm:

"Dad, those ladies in the building are all wearing their swimmers".

I felt like the worst parent ever!

I write these down as they happen so I don't forget them. Means I can cut and paste into threads like these :D Eg:

Last night Miss 3 comes in to tell me "the pupuss is sleeping on Aisha's bed".

5 minutes later she comes in and says "the pupuss is sleeping on your bed now". I asked her "did you annoy the cat and make her move?"

Miss 3 replied in a very serious voice "Yes. I throwed a shoe at her."

lol

This exchange happened a couple of days ago - between my 6-year-old daughter, and a friend of my 10 year old's:

Miss Six: "You're a lesbian aren't you."
Miss 10: "WHAT!!!!!!"
Miss Six: "You know - you don't eat meat."
Miss 10: "I'm a vegetarian!"

:D
Caroline

This was not a verbal exchange.... but I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when my youngest son brought home his essay that had been handed in to be marked for an English assignment. He was (I think) about 8 or 9. I kept it and we read it and giggle occasionally about it.

His essay was about a poo, named Slippery Pete, who drove around the town in a mini-van solving crimes. It was so bad that it was funny.

Goodness knows what his teacher thought of it. He had her for three years and I spent a LOT of mornings helping in the classroom, so at least she knew what I was like.

I imagine teachers must have a treasure trove FULL of funny/sad stories about kids they have taught.

The other day I was asking my 4yo boy how school was. He mentioned how his current girlfriend gave him a hug and a kiss, and then I asked him if Isobel (his ex) kissed or hugged him. He told me "No, she doesn't love me anymore :("

His essay was about a poo, named Slippery Pete, who drove around the town in a mini-van solving crimes.

He was ripping off scooby doo!

This was not a verbal exchange.... but I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when my youngest son brought home his essay that had been handed in to be marked for an English assignment. He was (I think) about 8 or 9. I kept it and we read it and giggle occasionally about it.

His essay was about a poo, named Slippery Pete, who drove around the town in a mini-van solving crimes. It was so bad that it was funny.

Goodness knows what his teacher thought of it. He had her for three years and I spent a LOT of mornings helping in the classroom, so at least she knew what I was like.

I imagine teachers must have a treasure trove FULL of funny/sad stories about kids they have taught.

That is cute.
Slippery Pete reminded me of Mr Hanky from South Park cartoon.

The other night my DH and I were getting frustrated with our daughter (6) who keeps answering questions we put to our boy (4), instead of letting him answer...
DH turned to her and said "Alright smarty, what's the second element on the Periodic Table?"
After a bit of a think (you could see the cogs whirring) her answer was
"Knives!"

The other day I was asking my 4yo boy how school was. He mentioned how his current girlfriend gave him a hug and a kiss, and then I asked him if Isobel (his ex) kissed or hugged him. He told me "No, she doesn't love me anymore :("!

when I went to my daughter's kindy parent teacher night, at the end, the teacher said "there's just one thing I'm concerned about.... the kissing".... not exactly what I expected!! Apparently a couple of the boys had taken a fancy to my daughter..................

Back to topic...
my employee brought her 5 or 6 year old daughter to the office. she is a very bright, chatty sort of a girl. She came into my office and was talking away, and then said "my mummy says you don't pay her enough"............... well, we still work together nearly 10 years later, and I still tease her about this. (and she probably still doesnt get paid enough!!) I think she's a bit more careful about what she says around her daughter.

My son had trouble pronouncing some blended sounds when he was younger... particularly "tr", which he substituted with "f".....so everytime he saw a truck, he said "look mummy, big F ** ck. We certainly got some strange looks..................and I had to try to pre-warn people so he didnt get into trouble.

moon vs earth

I don't know if it was cute or not because it was me that said it, but I when I was very young I was clearly confused between the moon in the sky, and the globe on my dad's desk.

One clear night I remember pointing at the moon with all it's light and dark shades and telling mum "I can see Australia!"

When I got my first job, I had to move to a new town. My new boss invited me over for dinner on the sunday night to 'welcome' me.
Anyway his neice was there (about 5yo).
It got to about 10pm and mum said its time for bed.
5Yo - Can i have a bath
Mum - no its too late, you can have a bath tomorrrow
5Yo - can I have a story
Mum - not tonight, you can have a story tomorrow

5yo- (while storming off) "no bath, no story, no Fu**ing nothin"

Apparently it was the first time she had ever dropped the F bomb. I couldnt help but laugh, given its perfect timing.

My girls at around the age of eight & ten were in the back seat listening to the Spice Girls. One of them pipes up, 'am I a lesbian?' Confused silence from the front seat, then, "why do you think that honey"?

"Because I love the Spice Girls, and girls who love girls are called lesbians".

"No. Loving the Spice Girls does not make you a lesbian".

At a similar age to the above, one of our daughters had a favourite song that she used to sing at the top of her lungs no matter where we were. She had no idea what it meant and just thought it a 'funny' song.

The lyrics were:

I'm horny, horny, horny, horny
So horny, horny, horny, horny.

Needless to say I was quite embarrassed by this. :eek:

My son had trouble pronouncing some blended sounds when he was younger... particularly "tr", which he substituted with "f".....so everytime he saw a truck, he said "look mummy, big F ** ck.

my cousins son, when around 4, had the same problem. the one day he bought his toy truck in from the yard, covered in mud, and started playing with it on the clean bedsheets.

poor mother - for weeks after he told everyone that he got in such bad trouble for "having a dirty f*****k on the bed."

my favourite for junior - when she was around 3 - "when i grown up, and have hair on my nudie, ... ". i don't remember the rest of the sentance as was laughing to hard.

Back