DA Question - House Plans

Am currently looking into DA to convert 1 lot into 2, and then do a Dual Occupancy in the new lot, keeping the existing dwelling on the original plot.

Hence, I am needing to do DA to reconfigure the lots (From 1 to 2), and then do DA for an MCU for dual occupancy.

What I want to know, is that as part of the DA process, you need to engage a drafter / architect to throw down a dwelling on the plans (i.e. 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 garage...whatever)

If the DA gets approved, do you have to build exactly what is on the plans?

I am wanting to sell vacant plot with DA, but would like to give the prospective purchaser complete flexibility on how they want their house to be built. (I realise that a % of gross floor area, and setbacks,etc, etc are stipulated in planning codes, but can you just draw 4 lines which indicates the building envelope (in order to give flexibility to purchaser)?

I would have thought that through the BA process, (undertaken after the DA for splitting blocks) you would then figure out exactly what is required to meet the restrictions (or requirements) imposed on the land, and hence, jiggling around with orientations and bathrooms / bedrooms etc can be done at this stage.

Appreciate any comments.

F

Ive been thinking of something similar too.

Question, is it possible to subdivide a block of say 800sqm into two lots, retain the house on one lot, then build a torrens title duplex on the newly subdivided lot - ie end up with 3 houses?

Does it differ council to council?

Back