Daily property news feed

Thanks, got it!.
For an absolutely brilliant property news source, go to the google news page and customise it with as much property news from around the world as you like, I read it daily, all sorts of fascinating stuff, it`s the best resource and most interesting read you`ll ever find on property, I can`t believe I`ve gone so long without it. :)
No email required.

markpatric said:
Thanks, got it!.
For an absolutely brilliant property news source, go to the google news page and customise it with as much property news from around the world as you like, I read it daily, all sorts of fascinating stuff, it`s the best resource and most interesting read you`ll ever find on property, I can`t believe I`ve gone so long without it. :)
No email required.

Markpatric,

Can you save the search in google news so you get what you want straight away? I've had a look and I must be missing something...

Lindy

TwoPlus said:
Markpatric,

Can you save the search in google news so you get what you want straight away? I've had a look and I must be missing something...

Lindy

TwoPlus,

There are a couple of ways to do it. These are searches I just did on property and real estate, location australia (advanced search). Results are:
http://news.google.com/news?svnum=1...ND+estate+location:australia&btnG=Search+News
http://news.google.com/news?svnum=1...=property+location:australia&btnG=Search+News

You can bookmark the page, and whenever you want to see the new articles, just go there and refresh.

A second way, and I think much better, is to use the RSS feed in a news aggregator. There are many around, some free some very reasonably priced. If you want free and light then I recommend the Sage extension for Firefox. An excellent one for $20 (I think) is FeedDemon (Browser Independent).

So if you have Firefox installed, just download and install Sage. To add a new feed (including one for Somersoft, Invested, The Rhyme of Sim' and a host of news services), just go to the RSS page and let the aggregator auto detect.

After that it is just a matter of having the Sage bar on the left, click on the Check Feeds icon, and it will show all your channels with new items. Simple click on each and it will list the new articles (sometimes with synopsis, description or first post).

Very fast way to get your daily dose of updates.

Hope this helps,

David.

Last edited:
And this is a screenshot of how an RSS feed looks in sage. Sorry about the quality, I had to downsample to meet maximum image size :)

Attachments

• Sage_ScreenScrape.zip
    95.9 KB · Views: 67
Hello all,

The Propertytalk.com daily news will also contain the latest article and blog entries as well from our professionals by the end of the week.

We use Google news as one of the sources for Aussie news and its great! The hard bit is locating not only news but peoples opinion on subjects related to property investment as well.

Cheers

Marc

Michael Yardney said:
I recently subscribed to a daily property news feed which gives you a summary of the property related stories in the press.

It's free and saves you hunting through the papers.

I only subscribe to Australian news but you can also choose NZ, UK USA and a few others.

Its worth checking out at: -

http://www.firemail.co.nz/lists/?p=subscribe&id=19

I agree Michael. This is a great way to get the news. I have also been a happy subscriber to PropertyTalk. And guess what, I just checked and they have an RSS feed, which will help clean up the inbox.

Cheers,
David.

Last edited:
No guys its much simpler than that and worth it, I dont even know what RSS is, what I do has nothing to do with email or paying dollars. :)
Can`t remember exactly but just customise your page and then when you are doing that you can add as many items to the subject you like, even remove other topics altogether from memory or at least place the property ones at the top, I have around 20 or so different property stories updated daily from all over the world on the google news site.
Maybe I did a search on property or real estate and then it will ask you if you want to add these to your customised page, yep I think that`s how I did it.

Back