Dalby QLD

hey guys

Have been reading several articles by buyers agents promoting Dalby in QLD. Personally I've never been there until recently when I decided to go on a road trip. To me Dalby seemed like a "one hourse town" population about 10,000....well maybe two horse town. Spoke to several people (locals) and some seemed positive whilst others had no idea......pretty normal these days :).

With all the mining that's going on or about to commence these buyers agents have been pushing Dalby as a town with plenty of potential. You can purchase older style homes from about $200k and newer H & L packages from about $290k. Rents are OK but time will tell. Everyone saying that rent will rise to a silly point when they commence building the power plan.

Anyway my question is: what are your thoughts on Dalby and secondly with mining towns the investment window is quite short 2 -5 years. After the mines close and workers go elsewhere, what will happened to the investors ?

Look forward to some common sense responses.

Cheers
LK

hi ml320,

If your budget is 290k, you could afford to get closer to the brisbane cbd
areas like - ipswich/caboolture/woodridge/redbank/kingston all these areas are withn 30k from the cbd and may have better capital growth prospects with maybe less risk. Spend 300k and you could possibly get a 2 bedroom unit with 10k of the cbd.

sean

SeanK

thanks for feedback buddy.....already have one IP in Caboolture. Trying for something different with better Yield and hopefully CG. Have read plenty on Dalby receently and with powerstation, ethanol plant and rail link to Gladstone - thus far it all sounds OK from this end. But, then again sitting near parliment house in sunny Canberra everywhere else seems OK :)

Thanks
LK

Back