Darwin property

Hi people

Just wanted to know if anybody has purchased in Darwin this year or recently and if so did you buy in Darwin city or in the outer suburbs.
I'm thinking about buying a place in Darwin due to the upcoming INPEX ichthys project and not sure about the type of property I should be looking at. Houses in suburbia for families or units in Darwin city for executives.

Any opinions appreciated

Hi people

Just wanted to know if anybody has purchased in Darwin this year or recently and if so did you buy in Darwin city or in the outer suburbs.
I'm thinking about buying a place in Darwin due to the upcoming INPEX ichthys project and not sure about the type of property I should be looking at. Houses in suburbia for families or units in Darwin city for executives.

Any opinions appreciated

I think the answer might depend on how long you want to be a part of the Darwin Property market. Today I was offered a one bedroom unit for $500k with a $850 p/w three year lease off the plan. The area has had 25% capital growth over last three years.

Hi people

Any opinions appreciated

I wouldn't rely on INPEX to 'up' the market.
I believed the workers will be staying at the camp.
It's a good market to be in, but the yield is not far from other cities.
Insurance is high.

Darwin values

As to whether Inpex will up the market, I think it is safe to say the current projects in the Territory are bring property values back to were they were a few years ago. Also capital growth does show through in certain locations above average. Inpex or a combination or a few projects we have seen an increase.

I have purchased in Darwin but personally have not considered the apartments off the plan. I've instead purchased family homes in the northern suburbs and achieved excellent growth over the past 12 months and no issues getting tenants.

It's funny you should mention the hi vis gear Aus, in Darwin about half the population wear a bright yellow shirt because there's just so much construction going on.

All in all. Darwin is a great growth town

Back