Dear Forumites

Dear Forumites

Advice on forum protocol please:

Some of you are aware that I have recently joined xxx brand mortgage lender / broker (maybe that should be xxxx)

So, having passed all the assessments, that makes me an Accredited Mortgage Broker, or Accredited Mortgage Consultant, depending on the preferred nomeclature.

My territory will be to the east of Melbourne, out to the borders. This will include the Eastern Suburbs, north to the border (including areas such as Eildon and Wodonga, along the coast to, say, Morwell and Lakes Entrance, and probably through to the 'wilds' from there to the border. Although if someone from Stawell wanted a loan, it would certainly be churlish to refuse!

Our Service Charter means that we must interview each applicant personally, so if someone from, say, Sale wants a loan, I will have to meet with them to validate their application.

My question is:

Is it OK for me to add Accredited Mortgage Consultant (MIAA) after my signature, or would Forumites prefer that I remain, simply, Kristine.

I don't intend to be responding to every post about mortgages. My history as a Licensed Estate Agent and Buyer's Agent and aspiring property developer is well known on the Forum. Would this be 'too much information' to add yet another string to my bow?

It's probably egocentric to even ask this question, but I would appreciate any feedback. And please note, I am not advertising my Company's business, hence the xxx at the start of the post. This is purely a question of protocol.

Cheers

Kristine

G'day Kristine,

And congrats on achieving your MIAA.

The following link gives the "official" view of signatures - it may be of some help
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1463#post1463

However, I note that you were asking forumites themselves, rather than the "official" line - so, let me say (personally) that I am not overly concerned with any signature chosen, or its content, so long as the normal standards are maintained.

I can think of several signatures that post the business of the poster. The way I view it is that I can chose to read (or not read) any signature. If it is fitting in with forum guidelines, it won't be "in my face" - so that makes it OK in my book.

Another thought is to include all of your quals in your "profile" - so that those wanting to know more of you can get all they want, without you feeling that you might be upsetting others by including things in your signature. Your choice, Kris, but I don't see a problem either way,

I wonder though if you might receive more response in a more heavily populated forum (e.g. Coffee Lounge) as the CE forum is often ignored by those not looking for "deals" at the moment.

Regards,

Hi Kristine

Congratulations.

You are not exactly a newbie :O) and have earned stripes so I dont think theres and drama with you mentioning company names in sigs or what you do etc.

The blow ins will come and go, but the old folk like yourself will hang around.

Ta

rolf

I think you should add it in your .sig

That's what it's there for (within the bounds of the official guidlines).

Regards

Paulzag
Dreampinner

I got no problems. I think it adds to the credibility of your posts should someone unaware of your background be reading them!

Good luck with your business ventures:)

Cheers

Aw shucks!

Thanks, folks.

As a side issue, I'm in the process of refinancing Myrtle Cottage and the 'medical centre' and I'm delighted to say that even with selling the land from the subdivision, the value of the holding securities has risen substantially over the past twelve months.

Gosh! There really is nothing quite like real estate ( it sure beats doing the dishes)

(Signed)

Kristine

Accredited Mortgage Consultant

[email protected]

Last edited:
Originally posted by Simon
I got no problems. I think it adds to the credibility of your posts should someone unaware of your background be reading them!

Simon, how do the fish add to the credability of your posts?

Kristine, Frankly I don't think it matters. I point out that Dale doesn't, and it doesn't stop him from getting business. Your call really.

Jas

You said "it adds to the credibility of your posts " and you have a signature. Ergo, fish add to the credibility of your posts.

My question remains. How?

Jas

Actually, part of my deep subliminal worry is that if I say something which is absolute wiffle, and I've signed myself Kristine - 'Elephant Trainer to the Stars', then the reader may think 'Bah! All these elephant trainers are the same, what a load of wiffle!!'

So yeah, sometimes forumites may, indeed, contact a fellow forumite who is, say, a muffler and exhaust dealer, and may contact them just because they contribute to the forum, or maybe they have said a few interesting things about mufflers which may (or may not) indicate that they actually do know something about mufflers and exhausts.

And no, I'm not touting for business (no, really, but if you live at Warburton / Sale / Mansefield / Mt Hotham and there isn't a tame mortgage broker within a 50km radius, well here's one who doesn't have a problem with driving more than 12km to see a customer)

And credibility has nothing to do with fish or Qualifications of the Third Kind. Like beauty, credibility is in the mind of the beholder. If you like Uncle Fred and Uncle Fred says the most almighty wiffle, your liking for Uncle Fred means that you will always struggle with the obvious contradictions of his arguments for the rest of your life (don't let your subscription to the Flat Earth Society lapse)

And I once recommended a dentist who promptly damaged my friend's facial nerve (yoh!), so I try and not recommend any body for anything. And like Simon and Rolf and Dale and probably all other professionals on and off the forum, we would all know that it can take many moons to build up credibility and reputation and all that good stuff, and only one disastrous deal to shake the very foundations of our careers.

A delightful and somewhat eccentric local councillor, when it was her turn to be Mayor declined the privilege, on the basis that the position required the incumbent to remain aloof from local issues for their term of office, and she had an opinion on everthing and liked to write to the papers to express those views and always encouraged others to do the same.

So maybe sometimes I'll do the signature bit, and other times I won't, and when I come across interesting bits and pieces about loans and other such important matters I'll put up a post about it, just as I would about subdivisions or contracts or property searches or whatever.

And maybe now I'll go and have a cup of tea, a Bex and a good lie down!

Cheers

Kristine

Have Laptop - Will Travel
Mortgage Broker to the Wilderness
Hi Ho Silver!

Please assess this post for a credibility rating:

Low /

Very Low //

Abysmal ///

Cheers

Hey Kristine, I love reading your posts, sometimes you are such a funny person :D

And since when do you drink tea and have a bex. I always thought you had a glass of red wine at night!

As far as I am concerned you can put whatever you like after your name. You have certainly earnt your stripes on this forum by your amazing posts.

Bye Mrs Bird:)

Actually, Mrs B

Make that a sweet sherry everytime!

I buy the stuff by the flagon, and my husband writes the date on the label just to make sure that the sherry is not being consumed any faster than the Annual Averaged Consumption Rate allows!

Cheers

Kristine

Kristine,

You are (imho) welcome to add "mortgage broker" plus company name to your sig.

But I assume that means that you will be an active contributor to lending enquiries, to supplement our already very active resident brokers :D

Kristine
It seems that at times new memebers of the forum join and add their business name to their signatures as a way of advertisng their services.

Others join the forum to give to and learn from the community.

Over the years you have shown which category you fall into and anyone who takes offence that you add your credentials to your name is ( I was going to say up themselves) not acting inthe spirit of the community

Kristine,
Congrats to you, xxx are very fortunate to have you,
and sincere thanks Kristine for all the kind help and support you have given over the last few weeks, will talk soon,

Kristine Will Save You.

:) Regards Steve.

so what exactly is an "accredited mortgagebroker"?

if I pass the "Dumpa Used car sales pty ltd" sales course, does that make me an "accredited automotive consultant"?

And of course who is the "accrediting" body? the company you work for or a government organisation?

imho it does'nt add to your rep, it does the oppsite.

Then again maybe I'm just jelous and it mite be cool for me to add some "accreditations" to my sig too...

bbg2003

cert IV T&A
dip elec eng
ass dip elec comm
ass dip IT tech
dip fin markets
dip fin planning
dip mus
pgc management
etc etc...

:eek:

Steve

Your kind words are much appreciated.

Actually, I must be psychic!

In the first post of this thread I lightly commented on being prepared to travel to Stawell should someone require a loan.

Well, bless my cotton socks, I'm off to Horsham next week. Maybe I should put out a bulletin and everyone in the Horsham district who wants a loan could meet me at the Community House, we could enjoy a two course Community Luncheon, I could do the Guest Speaker bit (demonstrate the Mortgage Explorer program with a brief rundown on all 832 loans), then plug in the printer and run off application forms.

Seriously, for those of us who live in the City, check out this link http://www.hrcc.vic.gov.au/main.cfm?CategoryID=8&contentfile=infopage&topicid=18 and see what we are missing by not living in a lovely country town like Horsham.

Thanks again

Kristine

Back