Demolition Control Precinct - anyone successfully removed house from ?

Just wondering if anyone has sucsessfully had a house approved for removal form this type of area in North Brisbane ?
If so can you recommend a Town Planner to assist ?

I have the name of one planner but thought I would look at at a couple before committing to one.

Thanks

L

Hi Mate,

There is a possibility that you can subdivide in DCP. Ask a town planner and they will look into it for you.

it is a risky development application and you are never a 100% that it will get approved.

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Thanks for the reply :)

I have spoken to one town planner who was so sure we wouldn't be able to move it he wouldn't even take the work on :(
We are sort of at the stage ( well I am at least lol ) of just selling this place and buying elsewhere.

Thanks for the fire suggestion :eek: but we want to move the house due to family historical reasons and the fact that we love our house :D

I think I have sent you PM a while ago, but the house across the road from us (DCP) was taken off the block a few years ago and a new house built.

A house across the road from an IP we have in Coorparoo has just been taken off as well, and a new house is being built. It was one of a row of three pre-war houses. So...... they certainly can be taken off, if you know the right people it seems.

We were told that our IP could quite possibly be approved to be taken off the block. My impression was that we would have less chance than a developer who is doing this all the time. Of course, this means nothing until we try it, and we don't plan on doing so, but it seems as plain as the nose on my face, that the two that I know have been taken off are indeed "gone" so DCP was able to be worked around in at least two cases local to me.

Hi l and p. Give a call to a few town planners especially the bigger firms like NCOB, Ken Ryan and associates and CCS Surveys. These firms have a lot of experience with houses in DCP. If they say you can't do it, then you most likely can't.

If the house was built pre-1946, then you will need to get a report from an engineer indicating that the house is structurally unsound. Or if you can't get that then you will need to prove that the house has considerably changed from it's original look and form.
If you can't get that then you will need to prove that the divelopment will not cause a loss of amenity of the area.
This is just of the top of my head but it should be correct. Call a planner and check

hope it helps
Antonio

Last edited by a moderator:
Back