Demolition Sale?

Hi All,

Has anybody done a demolition sale? Looking at doing one with near new basic kitchen, upright stove, robust doors (wooden and security/fly screen doors), electric shutters, split aircon, near new carpet etc. If we had storage, we may have kept some of this stuff for our own renos.

I recall this investor on the forum who wanted to buy bricks :p. Do people buy bricks at all? We saw roof tiles on sale somewhere as well.

Would be good to let these go somewhere there is use than putting these on the tip and minimising our costs.

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
MsAli

JWR would buy it all for $100 and use it to build 34 houses using tafe students

thats funny!!!!

I cant give you kudos cos I keep on giving it to you!

you might be able to sell bricks if they are clean and have no mortar on it,

I recently gave away 200 bricks in average condition for free,

the time and hassle I would have to deal with in selling individual items would be a nightmare, so I either give them away for free, or get someone to buy it all for a cheap price

I remember the old trading post used to have second hand building materials for sale. Everything from bricks to the kitchen sink.

Bunnings sell bricks from about 80c each. People do buy em. Cleaning the old mortar off is a pain.

Generally you advertise the demo sale on gumtree with a list of all items available and pictures of as much as you can. Must be gone by x date etc.

Usually fairly successful in getting rid of a decent amount of junk, the rest gets taken over by the demo crew.

We have been to 2. They advertised a few things and pick up time and also mentioned other things and make offers etc. we bought a house full if lights for $70. Let people tell you what they want.
We also bought lots of doors, shower screen and everything in a bathroom.

A month ago a lady T work mentioned she was demolishing her house. She wasn't selling anything. She asked. E if I wanted the kitchen. It was quite nice. She ended up selling the kitchen, mirrored robe, fireplace and a few other things.
Definitely worth giving up a few hours to sit at the house. Everyone removes their own stuff.

We will be demolishing a house later in the year.
I'm wondering about plants in the yard. Would it be ridiculous to put on gumtree some photos and descriptions of what's available and have a day people could come and remove ?

We need to clear some areas on the block and I hate the thought of just ploughing away all these lovely plants :(

I'm wondering about plants in the yard. Would it be ridiculous to put on gumtree some photos and descriptions of what's available and have a day people could come and remove ?

We need to clear some areas on the block and I hate the thought of just ploughing away all these lovely plants :(

It depends on the plants - if you have cliveas, agapanthas, small established trees, frangipani etc which are easily transplanted - you will need to get them into pots though.

I was the same as you - had some rather trendy (but ugly to me) plants so rang the local plant nursery - who put me in contact with a landscaper - he came and dug them up and took them away for free.

Thanks for the suggestions.

We have heaps of bromeliads. Between myself and a friend taking what we want there will still be hundreds left. Just seems a shame to kill them.
There is also some small tree's and shrubs.
There is actually 2 camellias that I would love to keep but not sure how this will work out.

Back