Desktop Valuation...?

Hi all

Just wanted some views on desktop valuation.

I am with CBA, and thinking of requesting a desktop val of my PPOR to see if I can extract some equity out for the next project - will help, as it will bring forward the next purchase by at least 4 to 5 months (if the val is as I expect!).

There has been sales on the street for similar properties (villas) which have been higher than the val I got in Sept last year, albeit these were street facing, and perhaps the land may have been a little bigger than mine (marginally!). I am unsure if much of this is picked up in a desktop val, and may work to my advantage.

I am aware it will hit my credit file.

Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks
Mona

Hi all

I am with CBA, and thinking of requesting a desktop val of my PPOR to see if I can extract some equity out for the next project - will help, as it will bring forward the next purchase by at least 4 to 5 months (if the val is as I expect!).

There has been sales on the street for similar properties (villas) which have been higher than the val I got in Sept last year, albeit these were street facing, and perhaps the land may have been a little bigger than mine (marginally!). I am unsure if much of this is picked up in a desktop val, and may work to my advantage.

Thanks
Mona

Have you checked www.onthehouse.com.au ?

Your broker can request a val before putting an application through thus, if no application to hitting on credit file.

My ANZ mortgage manager asks only few basic questions.
- Land size
- Building age and type
- number of rooms, bath & car space
- any renovations

So I assume that is all the desktop valuation needs.

You can always test it with www.onthehouse.com.au to see if the latest sales are picked up.

CBA...........

ummm

pay 99 bucks for a Client ordered val

get val

if val sad, dont proceed, no credit hit

ta
rolf

Thanks Devank and Rolf.

Is it still $99? Just wanted to try desktop val - rather than arranging time with someone etc... I know not good enough...

Just wanted to try desktop val - rather than arranging time with someone etc... I know not good enough...

I think we have had this chat before

Do you want to do whats right and get a useable result, or do whats convenient but likely a waste of time and resources :)

Nah, didnt think youd be the convenience type...........

ta
rolf

I think we have had this chat before

Do you want to do whats right and get a useable result, or do whats convenient but likely a waste of time and resources :)

Nah, didnt think youd be the convenience type...........

ta
rolf

Yes, do want the results.

I will sit with it and see what intuition comes up with :D and will be in touch if the gut says yes ;)

Hmm desktop vals...gotta love it when those things value a CoS transaction at 5% lower each and every time! Bank of Melbourne / St George are the biggest culprits in this.

Hmm desktop vals...gotta love it when those things value a CoS transaction at 5% lower each and every time! Bank of Melbourne / St George are the biggest culprits in this.

A little off topic but is it just me or does it seem like their upfront vals take forever to come in?

Cheers

Jamie

Hi all

Thanks
Mona
I'm new to this and thinking of getting my PPOR valued for the same reason.

If you get a val, does that come up and on your credit file? Is this a bad thing? Sorry if these are basic questions.

What would trigger the bank to go for a full val over a desktop val (LVR, poor estimate of value by client)?

The bank has a valuation assessment system, which takes into account different factors, but LVR is one of the main facotrs. It will also take into account previous valuations.

Back