Developements and Easements

Your advice or experience?

Block frontage is 18.6 meters and on the right hand side there is a 3 meter easement of sewerage, water and electrical lines

What are the ramifications of developing the site? How does this effect the outcome of getting council approval for development? How much extra work does this create?

Thanks in advance!

i doubt you could get that far, the councils have their easments zones some are 2m and others are 1.8m so check it first, what did you have in mind as the work required?

below there is a photograph from above the easement is on the right hand side of the block and is 3 meters wide....

Does that make any more sense?

Plans are either for 1 bed + study units or 2 bedroom townhouse (depending on when the construction is done and what we are approved for...

edit to add photo :D

Attachments

• sky view.jpg
    sky view.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 157
a project as this will be staying there for a long time i think you should take a personaly drawn sketch and make an appt to see council and ask their oppionions and options?
They could give you an alternitive, based upon their experiencies.

Frontage

Hi guess since you got a wide frontage, and the easement is on the right hand where the driveway is, you shouldn't have any issues with the development as long as you keep the driveway on the right hand side and construct 4m away from the right hand side boundry.

a project as this will be staying there for a long time i think you should take a personaly drawn sketch and make an appt to see council and ask their oppionions and options?
They could give you an alternitive, based upon their experiencies.

Sounds like sound advice, I will draw something up and take to them

Hi guess since you got a wide frontage, and the easement is on the right hand where the driveway is, you shouldn't have any issues with the development as long as you keep the driveway on the right hand side and construct 4m away from the right hand side boundry.

I am happy to keep the driveway where is but do I build the houses 4 meters away from the fence or do I start the driveway 4 meters away from the fence ??

double check with council, but i think you will find that you can put the driveway over the easement ... we have done that with no problems with council a couple of times.

ok awesome! Got some good and some bad news

Good news ... the easement is only 8ft (2.4mt) and not 3 mt (it is 3 mt wide but some of that is in the neighbours fence line) meaning that it gives us an extra mt to play around with

Bad news ... the owners don't want to accept any offers and will only sell at auction (no reserve) as they think if I offer them $300 they will get $310 at auction... so this might not be as easy as I had thought to purchase as the owners don't want to accept offers as they think they will produce the highest price at auction...

I don't know how this will impact on the sale, but hopefully scare some people off?? Also on my side is that their open for inspection is this saturday and is on grand final weekend, so it won't be very busy (according to previous experience) :D :D

if it is meant to be then it will happen. don't stress or worry because the end result will be the same regardless.

good luck at the auction. my money is on no one else bidding and you get if for less than you expected .... :D

Back