Development Site Selection - Due Dilligence

Good luck sourcing a site Marisa. This is something i wish to do but im not sure how to control the site and the build from another part of the country. let me know how it all goes.

This 4 dwelling build is financed at a residential rate by Heritage based on end values. Hence i have no equity at the moment to source any sites until the build is complete and i have them revalued.... i think.

Still going ahead due to some technicalities. Most of Midvale was rezoned from R20 to R40 in march this year but then the council bylaw came out on the same day restricting the R40 code to sites >1500sqm in which there is no site in the whole suburb that size. When i asked how is this possible the council instructed me that they wish neighbours to get togther, combine sites and develop. Because they had a record of many phone calls from march 2013 to march 2014 from me inquiring about the zoning date change AND also the builder agressively pushing for the development due to those events , they agreed that i can have the development on my 906 block. I wouldnt be able to list the block as a R40 4 unit site if on-sell it.

Interestingly enough there are a few blocks <1000sqm advertising as R40 development sites in midvale which may land the real estate agent in hot water if the council rejects the development or maybe the council may have relaxed their new bylaws.

Just after the change I have read the new bylaws and spoke to the council and they are definitely in force.

Grouped and Multiple Dwellings

On lots with a Residential Design Code higher than R20, the
minimum site area per dwelling in Table 1 of the Residential Design
Codes shall apply except that:

(a) Grouped Dwellings or Multiple Dwellings shall not be
permitted on any lot with an area of less than 1500 m2
; and

(b) the Shire shall not support subdivision of any lot with an area
of less than 1500 m2 unless all dwellings can be located so as to directly address a
street or open space, or where a lot is constrained by adjoining lots
having been subdivided or developed to their full potential under
the applicable Residential Design Code.

Back