Digging a Pool - How long for Bobcat

Turfy

A lot of people answered the question. They've taken the time to give you an answer, and some responses have been in some depth. Yet you've stated that nobody has answered the question. Your question was "Is 4 hours enough for the bobcat???" and several people have given a direct answer to the question.

You've chosen to attack somebody personally because you don't like an answer. You are welcome to respond to a post you don't agree with, but making personal attacks on other people is not tolerated in the forum.

Not one person has answered the actual question, what a waste of time this forum is.

Yes they have.

How could you be getting screwed?

The pool installer obviously thinks 4 hrs of Bobcat is average for this type of pool.

His rate of $99/hr for man and operator also seems reasonable.

Question: Would you prefer he lump sums the price using 10hrs of Bobcat time without allowing you the savings benefit if he does it quicker?

Really,........ some people stress about the little things even before they happen.

Just one of a number of great reponses.

The fact is, no one knows how long it will take as no one knows what problems could be encountered. It might be solid rock a foot down? But I thought that would be obvious?

See ya's.

20 replies about not reading a contract,
1 reply about how long its takes to dig a pool thanks to Wylie

Last edited by a moderator:
Turfy, I have answered your question.

It is impossible to know how long it takes to dig a pool.

Therefore they have put in the minimum amount of time and the rest is per hour.

That's what is in the contract is it not?

Then thats it !

That is your answer to the question you asked.

The contractor is not screwing you.

In my honest opinion.

20 replies about not reading a contract,
1 reply about how long its takes to dig a pool thanks to Wylie

I counted at least 5 direct replies regarding time it takes to dig a pool - out of 19 still viewable posts (6 of which are yours) ... I guess the long and short answer is "how long is a piece of string" ... there is no out and out answer as the dig will take as long as it takes depending on what is encountered.

And that's how it is - regardless of what forum you are on. No point in getting upset

Back