Digital photo prints

Hi All,

Does anyone know of an online photo printing company that will print digital photos onto 6 x 4.5 inch paper?

Until recently we've been getting our digital photos printed at a local photo shop because they printed them on paper with the correct proportion, as well as keeping the long side at 6 inches (i.e., the print size was 6 x 4.5 inches). Unfortunately they closed down.

All of the other local shops either print the digital photo within the 6 x 4 paper (meaning you have a bit of whitespace at each end) or they crop the digital photos to fit the standard 6 x 4 size - if you are lucky you can chose how to crop (although this is a lot of work if you have lots of photos), or they just crop equal amounts from each side. Neither of these solutions really suit us.

Some online places (like snapfish) do print on paper with the correct proportions, but they skimp and put it on 5.33 x 4 inch paper, instead of the 6 x 4.5 inch that we are used to. I know it's only a small difference, but the photos just seem too small on this paper.

Gee, after reading what I just wrote I sounds like a really anally retentive :eek:. I'm not really, I just have a thing about quality.

Thanks.

John.

Hi John
Have you checked BigW website ? I know they take order online but I'm not sure about the size.

ta

Yes, I have had a look at BigW. The web site is overloaded with unnecessary crap and it hung on me twice. But as far as I can tell they don't do one with digital proportions.

Back