Discussion about properties in/around Baulkham Hills

Just opening new thread to discuss some really increased price rates in / around BH. My family visited this prop http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/NSW/Baulkham-Hills/?adid=2010789578 today.
Guess what RE agent asking for more than $810k advertised as over $710k

http://www.castlehaven.com.au/buying/NSW/Hills/Winston-Hills/House/1P4154
Sold for over $730k

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/Sold/House/NSW/Winston-Hills/?adid=2010762657
Sold for over $715k

Whats this going on in/around BH/WH/CH? Any more properties of interest guys?
Probably some Buyer's agent can also comment here about pricing in these area.

Randy H

yeah, looks like BH and WH are going too high in current market.
I'm new here but probably some other users can comment on price listing of above properties.

Not surprising to me- those prices are pretty reflective of the current market, though on the cheaper side. A lack of listings, coupled with pent up demand outstripping supply results in higher prices being paid. Simple really :)

If you think those are expensive check out a brand new build (and yes, I know it's got more of a Bella Vista Waters price tag) in Astoria Park.... amazing and even I don't think this vendor is being realistic....

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-baulkham+hills-115413243

The entire Hills area is rising along with many other Sydney suburbs that have good infrastructure, amenities and decent blocks of land for sub $800K. I've been a fan of the area for some time and have bought for many clients in my time. However, the CG this year has been rapid, sustained and boom-like in it's behaviour. Take no notice of price guides as they're not really helpful unless you know the current market intimately. They've been some outstanding recent examples of sales that have blown even the selling agents away (recent example guide $790K+ sold $952K CH) but this is the market. I can't see prices slipping backwards here necessarily especially with the NW rail link impacting prices now. Happy hunting!

Jacque
Wow, prices skyrocketing.
One headache when market rising so quickly is the issue of bank values coming in, any of your clients had any issues when buying.

MTR

Just opening new thread to discuss some really increased price rates in / around BH. My family visited this prop http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/NSW/Baulkham-Hills/?adid=2010789578 today.
Guess what RE agent asking for more than $810k advertised as over $710k

http://www.castlehaven.com.au/buying/NSW/Hills/Winston-Hills/House/1P4154
Sold for over $730k

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/Sold/House/NSW/Winston-Hills/?adid=2010762657
Sold for over $715k

Whats this going on in/around BH/WH/CH? Any more properties of interest guys?
Probably some Buyer's agent can also comment here about pricing in these area.

Randy H

yeah not surprised really- who has the money for these properties when the salaries between syd and say brisbane are not too disimilar yet prices in syd are way above the likes of bris. I just dont get why someone wovld pay that kind of moolah for the likes of say castle hill which is on avg 31 km from cbd as opposed to say 5km rimilar prop and price in a place like bris.

I just dont get why someone wovld pay that kind of moolah for the likes of say castle hill which is on avg 31 km from cbd as opposed to say 5km rimilar prop and price in a place like bris.

because they can get work in Sydney ..........?

That sorta money wouldget you a really nice deep waterfront on the GC.......so the same argument could apply perhaps

ta
rolf

because they can get work in Sydney ..........?

That sorta money wouldget you a really nice deep waterfront on the GC.......so the same argument could apply perhaps

ta
rolf

There is no doubt syd has a larger number of jobs and a greater variety than any other state capital. Those must be huge drawcards; however it also has the toughest and largest competition for those jobs.

I live in Sydney's Hills district. The sale prices are over the top.
Inching near the 900 mark are those properties that sold for 650K two to three years ago. However the bank valuations are not coming in strongly if you are looking to refinance.

Valuations on the buying scenario is OK!

Jacque
Wow, prices skyrocketing.
One headache when market rising so quickly is the issue of bank values coming in, any of your clients had any issues when buying.

MTR

Hi MTR

Obviously we do what we can to minimise this happening however occasionally a val has come under purchase price. Doesn't help when valuers won't consider exchanged properties either, however it is always a risk in a rising market.

Hi Everyone

I am curious what everyone's thoughts are on West Pennant Hills? It seems like Castle Hill, Cherrybrook and Baulkham Hills and going crazy at the moment, but I haven't seen similar behavior in WPH??

It seems like surrounding suburbs are catching up - do you think it's time to buy in WPH now before things change?

Cheers

Palo

Wph

Hiya Palo

Just my humble opinion...

Many Chinese buyers looking at these areas:

1) Baulkham Hills has great schools eg Baulkham Hills High School (reputedly the 2nd best selective school in the state)

2) Castle Hill has the train line coming up...

3) Eh? What does West Pennant Hills have? Wait a minute! Nice shiny looking houses at best....transport will kill you; check it out.

Would disagree that WPH isn't moving- what evidence are you referring here to Palo? Still a shortage of quality stock and houses selling over price guides....I like this area personally and it's always had a classy feel about it (excluding some older sections naturally). NW rail link will still have an impact for those WPH residents living close enough to the Franklin Cherrybrook station and there's also the M2 buses within walking distance of Oakes Aiken Rd areas. Short drive to Beecroft station also appealing but without the Beecroft prices....

Wph

Hiya

IMHO West Pennant Hills somehow strikes me as "soulless"...at least Beecroft has a little village atmosphere....Castle Hill has its hub of activity at Castle Towers...but what does WPH have....except rows and rows of big houses...:eek:

Hiya

IMHO West Pennant Hills somehow strikes me as "soulless"...at least Beecroft has a little village atmosphere....Castle Hill has its hub of activity at Castle Towers...but what does WPH have....except rows and rows of big houses...:eek:

I hear where you're coming from Jen but there is Coonara Ave shops- small but handy :D The older section at Thompson's corner used to be more accessible (before the underpass went in) however you're right in that there is no "village" centre. Mind you, other expensive suburbs lack this too but that doesn't seem to stop ppl wanting to live there. It's not all about the shopping you know ;)

Wph

Hiya Jacque

Of course we know it's not all about the shopping.....you should hear the almost palpable, so ever slightly chiding tone some of my children's friends' parents would say about where they live ....no..no ..not Pennant Hills ...WEST Pennant Hills:eek:

Hi all,

According to my experience, Baulkham Hills and Castle Hills area are getting crowded with buyers.

Me and my wife spend around 6 months every Saturday looking/attending inspections. From May to Dec 2012.
- This areas have a very nice vibe, lots of green, mostly houses with above 500 sqm land.
- The new train line coming up in couple of years time. Will pass Castle hill.
- Transport system to City from Baulkham Hills is very good.
- New mall in Rouse Hills, new business buildings around Castle Hill/Rouse Hill.
- So many top schools around Baulkham and Castle, OMG, there are many of them from primary to high School. If you are a parent, you will be glad.
- Population is growing

Not sure what happen since Dec 2012. One Saturday we had to queue to inspect a house. Around 50 people queuing. The agent had to tell us to wait outside because too many ppl in the house. To me it was ridiculous, hahaha.

We bought our first IP in Baulkham Hills in Dec 2012. Personally, If we have kids, we would move to Baulkham Hills.

I hope it helps

Oh By the way,

I bought the property In Baulkham for 640K for a house with 700 Sqm land in Dec 2012. Top street. 30 years plus old, but ready to move in. No reno required.
I agree to the above information from other fellow investors. The price in Sydney has gone mad.
Thank God, I settled this IP quickly.
We went to West In Feb 2013 - OMG.
Then we went South in May 2013 - OMG.
The property is selling like peanuts. Pls Excuse for my language.
Now everyone is talking about bubble again.

I hope the info helps. Cheers.

I grew up in the hills area and what I've noticed with this current boom in the market is that suburbs like BH/WH and even Telopea are getting boosted up and classified as 'real' Hills suburbs. 10 years ago it wasn't like this at all.

I've since moved from the area but return to my parents' place occasionally for a weekend dinner. There is one thing I won't miss about the area.....Pennant Hills Road peak hour traffic. nuff said.

Rouse Hill vs Baulkham Hill

Hi All,

I am new to SS but very impressed with the valuable responses from fellow users. I am planning to buy a house in the hill area with a budget of $750,00 but a bit confused which suburbs to select.

I like Castle Hill but that's beyond my budget. Baulkham Hill is my next preference but finding a decent house within 750,000 in Baulkham Hill seems a dream to me now. Can anyone suggest howz Rouse Hill in terms of affordability and overall suburb rating. Howz Rouse Hill connectivity to the city?

My job involves lots of interstate travelling (every week) so good transport link is definitely a plus. Also we are planning to have baby soon so I am looking for a young family oriented area with good schools (although need for that will only come 5 year down the line).

If I increase my budget to $800,000 I may get a good place in Baulkham Hill but is it really worth that much? or is it just current market demand that has pushed the prices so high and prices will come down in future.

Back