Do I need a body corporate setup for 3 villas? (NSW)

Hey there,
is anyone able to advise if a body corporate is needed if I am strata titling 3 villas? They are currently on a single title and I own the title.

If I do need to set one up, what type of professional can assist? e.g. Solicitor

Thanks,
emptyvessel

Are you planning to sell the villas individually Or are you strataing to increase value of villa's?

A strata manager can help you set up Owner's corporation or Department of Fair Trading website can supply a lot of information.

Regards
Sheryn

If you strata title and therefore have common areas, then yes, you do.

A really good primer for you is to call the real estate institute in your area and they will direct you to whatever act it is that pertains to such things for you to have a read ie the Unit Titles Act or whatever - that should clear things up for you.

I always found that being polite and asking questions of people who have done it or who are heavily involved (some REA's) is the best way to get fast answers and get on the right track.

Can’t comment specifically about QLD or NSW unfortunately, but most strata managers would be able to assist you in setting up the owners corporation (body corporate).

In VIC, when you register a plan of sub division and there is common property then an Owners Corporation is automatically generated. However if it is a 2 lot subdivision then it may be exempt from a lot of things in the Act.

Back