Do you know which forum?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good forum like SS but for investing in shares. I'm after unbiased opinions like we get on SS and also people speaking from experience rather than people trying to sell me stuff.

I was chatting to some of you a few months ago before my baby daughter was born looking for ideas for a good investment for her (she's now 2 months). See thread here http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88680

As we only have about $2K (which isn't enough for a house :p) I am looking at starting a little share portfolio for her which we will add to when we can (on an irregular basis). The few options I know of out there are:

1) Direct shares
2) Managed Funds
3) DUI and AUI
4) Bonds (don't really understand these)

I guess I am also looking at avoiding huge fees, $2K is such a little amount.

Any help would be appreciated.

Google for Aussie Stock Forums, its basically the shares equivalent of SS. Beware that its alot quieter and a lot less friendly upon novices.

Top copper is another but i dont go there much.

For 2k a managed fund might be the go with a regular monthly option to purchase extra units.

I had success with a geared share fund from Colonial, mind you that was between 1999 and circa 2005 so might not be as effective in today's market.

Just buy CBA shares if and when you have the funds...dollar cost averaging over your daughters life until she is 21 will reap plenty.

Or put it all into your own investing which she will benefit from anyway...?

Back