Dodgy property manager - Beenleigh area

Any good property managers in beenleigh/eagleby? Sick of dealing with bad agents in this area.

We have enlisted a new real estate agent who have been all talk but no action in getting decent tenants. They still have not leased our house after 6 weeks so back to the drawing board. I am going to yet another agent to help me with this

Why are so many people investing in the area? Is there alot of infrastructure being built? Its so hard to get decent tenants...

Last edited:
If you believe that the agent is dodgy & the monthly statements were misleading contact fair trading and voice your concerns. Ask them to undertake a random audit of the agent's books.

How on earth did you not notice that you werent recieving any rent into your bank account for even 2 months let alone 5? :eek:

Cheers

How on earth did you not notice that you werent recieving any rent into your bank account for even 2 months let alone 5? :eek:

Cheers

Thats what we were paying a property manager for, to a) manage the property and b) Advise if the tenant was behind in rent.

Generally if the tenant is 2 weeks or more behind the owner is notified.

Any good property managers in beenleigh/eagleby? Sick of dealing with bad agents in this area.

We have enlisted a new real estate agent who have been all talk but no action in getting decent tenants. They still have not leased our house after 6 weeks so back to the drawing board. I am going to yet another agent to help me with this

Why are so many people investing in the area? Is there alot of infrastructure being built? Its so hard to get decent tenants...

And there be your problem.
Office of Fair Trading for the other stuff. Ask for a print out of their trust ledger 1st.

I use propertymanagementHQ for my two properties.

http://www.propertymanagementhq.com.au/

I have been pretty happy with them for the Beenleigh house. Had a couple of major issues that turned out to be the fault of energex that they were able to sort out with little cost to me.

They have recruited some new property managers in the last 6 months, who have taken over my houses. So far so good but haven't had any major dramas lately to see how good they are.

The principal is very good for sure.

Cheers

Last edited:

I'm not sure why you bought there but the things going for it as I see it are a good local employment base and good rail /road links north and south to the CBD and gold coast. The suburb itself is a bit rough in areas but there is a fair bit of development going on in and around Beenleigh, and a facelift of the town centre happening soon.

I worked in Beenleigh for 3 years and there are some rough types around the place. You need to be on your property manager to screen your potential tenants adequately.

So does anyone have any good property managers in Beenleigh/Eagleby area?

Any advice would be appreciated! Its now been close to 5 weeks vacant

What's the feedback from the pm on why its vacant? What is their plan to rectify it?
Did it begin advertising prior to other tenant leaving?
Why did other tenant leave?
Is the rent in line with other similar properties in area?
Is there some feature you have (or dont have) that is turning potential tenants off?
Is the properties condition up to scratch?

What's the feedback from the pm on why its vacant? What is their plan to rectify it?
Did it begin advertising prior to other tenant leaving?
Why did other tenant leave?
Is the rent in line with other similar properties in area?
Is there some feature you have (or dont have) that is turning potential tenants off?
Is the properties condition up to scratch?

I enlisted a new agent as the previous agent was a horror, abusive, didnt do inspection reports, managed 450 properties on their own so had "no time", failed to inform us the tenant wasnt paying rent, half the house was burnt down and the agent said there was no damage as she had not even been out. I flew up from sydney to see for myself and yeh there was about 10 grand worth of fire damage.

We evicted the last tenant as they were not paying rent.
Yes price is in line.
Been rennovated completely so all is new

The new agent we enlisted was rubbish as well so moving on. Ben 5 weeks and they are no good. Had some advice from a few investors in the area and found a new agent so fingers crossed they do what they say they do.

5 weeks with a new agent is not good enough, having to call them and telling them to put decent photos up is a warning bell, having to keep calling to tell them to re word the ad etc more warning bells. Not the best.

The guy I have enlisted seems competent so only time will tell.

...didnt do inspection reports
...managed 450 properties on their own
...failed to inform us the tenant wasnt paying rent
...half the house was burnt down and the agent said there was no damage as she had not even been out...

:eek::eek::eek: unreal...how do these pm's get jobs?!

It was their own business... no staff and no office... 450 properties for 1 person.. no wonder why this happened.

Hopefully Fair Trading shuts them down

I use propertymanagementHQ for my two properties.

http://www.propertymanagementhq.com.au/

I have been pretty happy with them for the Beenleigh house. Had a couple of major issues that turned out to be the fault of energex that they were able to sort out with little cost to me.

They have recruited some new property managers in the last 6 months, who have taken over my houses. So far so good but haven't had any major dramas lately to see how good they are.

The principal is very good for sure.

Cheers

So does anyone have any good property managers in Beenleigh/Eagleby area?

Any advice would be appreciated! Its now been close to 5 weeks vacant
Did you try Property management HQ or decide not to go with recommendation?

Can you name and shame them here?

450 properties for 1 staff is a probably 4 times over in my view.

I am using a PM located in Browns Plain managing 300 properties, they're family business but at least 4-5 people actively managing it.

Would definitely recommend Lu at Property Management HQ.

They took over one of my IP in 4114 from one of the bigger Brisbane agency (CxxxxxS), which was a nightmare. (another story for another time).

Prop Mngt HQ found a new tenant to replace the old tenant which was 8 weeks late and finally had to let them to go. Although the whole process took a while, happy that it's finally done and fingers crossed.

Apologies for thread bump, any progress on this Tash_85?

I'm also looking at http://www.propertymanagementhq.com.au/ at the moment.

Last edited:
Property Management

I can't vouch for this property manager (I already have a good PM), but they seem cheap and offer a great deal.

http://www.newwaypm.com/

The only reason I know is because I received some unsolicited mail from them. Quite a bit of that going on nowadays.

The biggest strongpoints for me:
1: 6% property management fees
2: 4 x property inspections per year.

However, it seems like a work from home startup. I think this can be a good thing. Looks like she lives locally in Logan too.

If anyone goes this route, I'd be interested to know if she is any good!

Back