Dodgy real estate agent deals?

God another thing that just came to mind about my house sale....
I'm also concerned that there may be something dodgy going on with my agent. As his agency is further benefiting from this sale in that they will be managing the property as a rental for the new owners after settlement. I'm worried because I let the property go a lot cheaper than I was asking after the agent said they couldn't get much more than that. I'm worried that the agent may have made some kind of deal with the purchaser to get the property cheaper for them in return for an ongoing business relationship with them.

Am I being paranoid? Or is this very possible? Since the sale the agent has been jumping through hoops for the purchaser...

You sound very paranoid, it is possible, and they could be working for the purchaser.

It is very common that the purchaser hires the agent to manage the property. The purchaser may not know any other agency.

At the end of the day you need to feel comfortable with your decision regarding the sale price. I assume no one forced you in the negotiations, and it is common knowledge that real estate agents often work with their own interests in mind.

God another thing that just came to mind about my house sale....
I'm also concerned that there may be something dodgy going on with my agent. As his agency is further benefiting from this sale in that they will be managing the property as a rental for the new owners after settlement. I'm worried because I let the property go a lot cheaper than I was asking after the agent said they couldn't get much more than that. I'm worried that the agent may have made some kind of deal with the purchaser to get the property cheaper for them in return for an ongoing business relationship with them.

Am I being paranoid? Or is this very possible? Since the sale the agent has been jumping through hoops for the purchaser...

take a Valium and have a lie down.

most agents that sell to an PI end up managing it. maybe you were asking above market. how long was it on the market?

how was the agent jumping through hoops for the purchaser?

anyway to late now you signed the sales contract. yes, you are being paranoid.

take a Valium and have a lie down.

most agents that sell to an PI end up managing it. maybe you were asking above market. how long was it on the market?

how was the agent jumping through hoops for the purchaser?

anyway to late now you signed the sales contract. yes, you are being paranoid.

yeah you guys are probably right. It's just a few things that went on around the sale, and the way the agent was speaking and acting. but you're right, too late now its signed and sold!

Back