Dogs in brisbane

Hi there, wondering if anyone local that has/ runs a dog in Brissie can help w the following.

I have been into the council and parks website in reference to the following but almost every park area or forest require a dog to be leashed!, and the off leash areas are nothing more than a small caged area, council staff don't really help much so maybe ill try my luck here I'm sure there must be some local knowledge

I have a young border collie so I need to run her properly or she'll tear the house to pieces,i have a fairly decent sized yard for her but I like to run bike w her unleashed

Is there a decent dog day care centre anywhere south of Brisbane u could recommend ?

What is a decent off leash dog area or park south of Brisbane that you can let them loose without being harassed

Can anyone recommend a state forest or large enough park to mountain bike and run a dog off leash in sth east Qld?

Do u keep your outside dogs inside during summer here? I bought a pool for her but I think I'll just leave my back door open and crank up the Ac during jan feb so she doesn't suffer as much from the heat,

Thanks in advance

Hi there!

I'm a brisbanite with two beautiful border collies so understand your dilemma. There are some decent sized off leash parks around where I am on the Northside at Bardon but I can't speak for the Southside.

Monoplane road dog park in Ashgrove West is huge and walking distance from my place.

http://doggo.com.au/monoplane-street-park/
https://www.pawclub.com.au/community/placestogo/view.aspx?iddatasource=851

Those websites can help you find something near your place too.

I actually back on to a bit of public reserve and run my dogs out there like all the other neighbours that do. Council know we do this and say its OK. The local member said we should treat it as our own. :D

Even in the heat of summer we haven't needed air cons for the dogs. But we do put a fan on outside in the shade for them to lay in front of if they need to and put one of those half shell wading pools out for them to flop in if they like. So far, so good.

Good luck with your search!

Cheers,
Michael

Dogs in Brisbane - dog off leash area

We live in a nanny society here compared to other countries...
Try Kedron Brooke - near Gordon Park there is a great off leash area where dogs love to swim in the creek

We used to also take our dogs and my daughter and her horse for a run on Nudgee Beach where they are allowed

Also there is a dog off leash area at the beach at Coolum

Do u keep your outside dogs inside during summer here? I bought a pool for her but I think I'll just leave my back door open and crank up the Ac during jan feb so she doesn't suffer as much from the heat,

Thanks in advance

Im owned by a long hair Cadbury Border - handles the heat just fine

They do well for a highland dog.

ta

rolf

We're goverened by the beck and whim of a very spoilt labrador.

We're in Chapel Hill and there are fantastic dog areas over this side of town.

We back onto the Mt Cootha reserve, with kilometers of track for dogs (and mountain bikes) to explore. And if you are feeling social, the reservoir is a top off leash area, with plenty of friendly owners that are always up for a chat.

We're goverened by the beck and whim of a very spoilt labrador.

We're in Chapel Hill and there are fantastic dog areas over this side of town.

We back onto the Mt Cootha reserve, with kilometers of track for dogs (and mountain bikes) to explore. And if you are feeling social, the reservoir is a top off leash area, with plenty of friendly owners that are always up for a chat.

That's exactly what I was looking for, a couple of hours of riding and letting the dog loose, will check that out tomorrow thanks

Back