Domain and Realestate.com.au tips and tricks

Hi All,

Just wondering what tips and tricks people have discovered for the two big property portals?

I vaguely remember one of the IT savvy users on here showing how to find the hidden price the agents input when uploading a listing for auction/EOI, but cant recall who that user was or how he/she did it.

I appreciate I can call the agent and ask for the guide price, but this was a very useful trick.

Thanks again

Noodle

On realestate.com.au, right click a blank space and select "view page source", in the garbled code that opens up search (F3 or Ctrl+F) for !price. the numbers shown after that are the range that the agent puts the property in. These can be pretty vague though, to make it turn up in lots of search results.

Call me slow, but on realestate.com.au i only just noticed you can put Greater Perth as the suburb and itll search whole metro area.
So maybe itll help someone else...

On realestate.com.au, right click a blank space and select "view page source", in the garbled code that opens up search (F3 or Ctrl+F) for !price. the numbers shown after that are the range that the agent puts the property in. These can be pretty vague though, to make it turn up in lots of search results.

Just tried this out - very cool tip.

Unfortunately the results are only as good as the info the REA's put in, but occasionally you can pull out some useful info.

Call me slow, but on realestate.com.au i only just noticed you can put Greater Perth as the suburb and itll search whole metro area.

This is true for a number of general areas in Sydney too i.e. Eastern Suburbs, Inner West etc. Unfortunately the person who programmed this seemed to be making it up as they went along as you will often find a number of suburbs missing from the broad search function.

One other not secret but useful tip all the same is the saved search function, especially if you are like me and have numerous searches on going at any one time.

Still not sure why the Fairfax/Domain folk haven't added this facility on their portal.

sorry, i don't get this :confused:....can you pls explain wat these numbers are and how it is helpful....

sorry, i don't get this :confused:....can you pls explain wat these numbers are and how it is helpful....

On some properties, there is no price shown.

However, the real estate agent must enter a hidden price so that the property will appear when you search for it.

His method is for how to find that hidden price. Of course that number is helpful ;)

This is a great tip! Thanks.

Also, you can search for postcodes. I found this very useful in smaller towns where I don't know the names of all the suburbs and "show surronding areas" was giving me stupid results.

Like, I could search for 6230 instead of bunbury, 6280 instead of busselton etc.

Also not hidden, but often forgotten, is using the keywords in the refine search area.

Try fire damage, renovator, auction, mortgagee, deceased, beachside, water view etc etc and see what comes up.

Also not hidden, but often forgotten, is using the keywords in the refine search area.

Try fire damage, renovator, auction, mortgagee, deceased, beachside, water view etc etc and see what comes up.

You could probably do similar with Google a site search and list of keywords :confused:

Are there any REA here that know exactly where all property data is saved? From what I gather, most REA have their own website and CMS where they enter a new listing on their own website and it is automatically pushed to Domain/RE.com.au.

I've heard of such systems like REST and HubOnline (now dead), though does anyone know where all property listing data is saved? (I'm talking about active listings, not sold). Surely these listings are stored in one central location just like post-sale data is saved and shown on RPData.

Anyone?

Are there any REA here that know exactly where all property data is saved? From what I gather, most REA have their own website and CMS where they enter a new listing on their own website and it is automatically pushed to Domain/RE.com.au.

I've heard of such systems like REST and HubOnline (now dead), though does anyone know where all property listing data is saved? (I'm talking about active listings, not sold). Surely these listings are stored in one central location just like post-sale data is saved and shown on RPData.

Anyone?

Raine and Horne uses compass rhcompass.com.au to push listings to the different websites.
Not sure what the other REAs use.

I wonder if this price is actually just a generic category that agents have to select. I often note that when I search for properties with a max of $300k, I will still get results of $330k which might indicate the agent had to put a property in a category of $230-330k and so it gets caught in my search?

Just like when you fill out a questionnaire and it asks to select your age bracket eg. 35-45, but being 40 is 40...it doesn't make you 35 just because you're in that age bracket :)

Borrow a real computer?
mac-vs-pc-demotivational-poster-1215454651.jpg

Back