Don't You Just Love Tenants At Christmas

Hi All,
Just got all my rental statements for end of month just had to laugh all of them shorted a 1 weeks rent to me things must be tight again this year. They must think all us landlords are rich.

Merry Christmas to all.
Macca446

Mine seemed a week short this month as well - however I wonder if it's because the PM has done the end of month on the 20th Dec - as compared to the usual last business day of the month.

Jason

I haven't got any of mine yet, but ive been told that most of them are behaving themselves this year, although I did get an email from one PM asking if the roof was asbestos. This from a tenant who has been a complaining whinger one too many times, and asking why weren't they notified that it is. Their lease is up mid Feb, so they can move along. I'm not about to be their scapegoat for whatever it is they're planning.

Just had my tenants move out today... they were meant to out on the 10th... haven't paid rent for the last 2 weeks and then moved out today. everything was fine ( I was just going to have the 2 weeks rents taken out of the bond ) until today when the removalists decided instead of carrying the old furniture ( that was getting chucked out) down the stairs, they hurled it off the third story balcony breaking a fence.. agent is saying I will have to pay the repair cost out of my bond! No way is that happening...

My tenant is late for 14 days today, I have contacted my PM and termination notice will be sent tomorrow. They also have not paid the water consumption bill -_-

Worse come to worse, I will arrive in 2014 with no tenant and rent, need to prepare some small reno fix as the property will now be empty, along with PPOR settlement. Lovely it is.

My tenant is late for 14 days today, I have contacted my PM and termination notice will be sent tomorrow. They also have not paid the water consumption bill -_-

Worse come to worse, I will arrive in 2014 with no tenant and rent, need to prepare some small reno fix as the property will now be empty, along with PPOR settlement. Lovely it is.

Same here, and that is the IP we are going to reno and sell in 2014.

Im glad they are behind in rent as we have also issued termination notice.
They have already abandoned the IP so we will have possession shortly and get stuck into it. Looking forward to it actually.
On the Coast, bit of work, dangling a prospect under buyers noses. :cool::)
What could be better?

Got the warrant of possession for a trashed property, tenants goods are now out on the street and locks are changed.

The repair and cleanup bill can now be prepared

Same here, and that is the IP we are going to reno and sell in 2014.

That's a good coincidence :)
I have some reno fund saved up, but timing wise I prefer this to happen before and not just before my PPOR settlement and in between two holidays. Oh well. What can I do. Tenant might pay up since she have done this before (paid by the 15th day).

I love that the government has the view that a poor tenant cannot be left homeless over Christmas regardless of the fact they owe over 3.5k in rent.

So now my tenant will be owing 10 weeks rent when the sheriff knocks on her door early January.

I'm sure when I drive past the house on Xmas day the boxes at the recycling bin from the kids presents will show where her unpaid rent has gone.

I love that the government has the view that a poor tenant cannot be left homeless over Christmas regardless of the fact they owe over 3.5k in rent.

So now my tenant will be owing 10 weeks rent when the sheriff knocks on her door early January.

I'm sure when I drive past the house on Xmas day the boxes at the recycling bin from the kids presents will show where her unpaid rent has gone.

I feel for you. I've funded crappy tenants Christmas gifts before. It sucks!

Many years ago we had one that we eventually evicted. It was our first eviction & we were really struggling for cash thanks to this delightful tenant. She was allowed to stay on repeatedly because she had kids. Well, you know what, I had kids too, & my kids had to miss out so that her kids could get all the junk they wanted.:mad:

But I take a holistic view & know that my life has turned around quite a bit from then, financially, but she's probably still shifting from property to property screwing people over with nothing to show for it.

BTW......not too long after this lovely piece of humanity left, something happened. I think from memory the place she was living in had a fire. I remember ithat she left half her crap for us to dispose of, including a lounge, & a heap of kids stuff & some other furniture. Just after we disposed of it, she was asking for it back, because the good stuff that she'd taken with her was now destroyed.

So we won't be seeing you crying on ACA then Dave? Enjoy the red and the fact you had insurance. I like your attitude.

Thanks Skater. I've had a few overstayers in my time but as I'm a SAHM now I guess I've got more time to think about this stuff now. The positive is that I have the time to finally replace the iron -marked carpet that I didn't get around to doing when we bought the place.

Back