Dragons' Den Channel 7

Macca, actually good point re stretch marks. I haven't explored silicon's application to that.

Below is a link explaining silicon.
http://wound.smith-nephew.com/AU/Standard.asp?NodeId=3290

I think you'd also get reasonable results using the silicone you use to seal windows. Why? Though not sure, scientists believe silicone's mechanism of action is simply to enhance moisture content and circulation around and within the scar. This allows greater reshaping of the scar tissue, as the body is constantly reshaping via resorption and regrowth many connective tissues.

However, the tissue must have reasonable circulation and interstitial fluid so as to facilitate transport of appropriate enzyme precursors, nutrients, and oxygen.

So where to from here. OK, down to the tool shed, get your silicone gun out, and apply liberally, as you would spak filler, to your wife's stretch marks. :)

Then apply duct tape to keep it on for 2-3 days before cleaning and refilling. Continue for 2-4 months, or until divorce.... :)

Maybe you could contact Smith and Nephew to ask about application to stretch marks. It might just be possible that no one has ever tried it.

However, I'd be inclined to simultaneously include a healthy diet maintaining optimal lean body mass, and get a well designed gym program. Even if she doesn't lose the marks, she'll feel like a million dollars.

Marty, I don't know whether chemists keep it or how much it is. I worked in hospitals some years ago and the support staff did all that. If you ring Smith-Nephew, they should be more than helpful.

Hi TFB,

On that web site I see this :

<Some injuries will leave a flat white scar that will virtually fade away in time. Cica-Care* is not effective on this type of scar.>

Seems it mainly works on raised, red scars, I guess a stretch mark is not usually a raised scar, so they will have to keep complaining, still I bet some of them would give it a go.

neutral cure only

thefirstbruce said:
Macca, actually good point re stretch marks. I haven't explored silicon's application to that.

Below is a link explaining silicon.
http://wound.smith-nephew.com/AU/Standard.asp?NodeId=3290

I think you'd also get reasonable results using the silicone you use to seal windows. Why? Though not sure, scientists believe silicone's mechanism of action is simply to enhance moisture content and circulation around and within the scar. This allows greater reshaping of the scar tissue, as the body is constantly reshaping via resorption and regrowth many connective tissues.

However, the tissue must have reasonable circulation and interstitial fluid so as to facilitate transport of appropriate enzyme precursors, nutrients, and oxygen.

So where to from here. OK, down to the tool shed, get your silicone gun out, and apply liberally, as you would spak filler, to your wife's stretch marks. :)

Then apply duct tape to keep it on for 2-3 days before cleaning and refilling. Continue for 2-4 months, or until divorce.... :)

Maybe you could contact Smith and Nephew to ask about application to stretch marks. It might just be possible that no one has ever tried it.

However, I'd be inclined to simultaneously include a healthy diet maintaining optimal lean body mass, and get a well designed gym program. Even if she doesn't lose the marks, she'll feel like a million dollars.

Just an addendum to that.

Ensure it's neutral cure silicon! - not acetic cure that stuff stinks like vinegar and makes your eyes water. And it burns after a short while of contact with the skin.

All jokes aside - I have been videotaping this show - as I am going to watch it at a more humane time.

I have small children so excuse me for going to bed when I can.

Back