Drainage problems in elevated section of garden

so is the water flowing from up behind those steps into the property to the right (with visible roof) or left and back to the property behind? If its the rhs and your block flows down to the street you could run a narrow trench next to the fence line with blue metal and ag line assuming a fairly constant slope (no big hills in between)? hard to say without plans and/or an invite to your place for a bbq!

Your problem sounds like surface runoff, not subsurface drainage. I don't think putting in ag pipe will help as you need to divert the flows that go overland to your neighbours' place.

The easiest way to do this is to change the slope of the lawn with some top dressing and send the runoff to somewhere on your property.

Alternately, you could put a length of this http://www.reln.com.au/storm-drain-p-1.html along the fence and drain it to stormwater (though I can't see where your connections are in the yard so this might not be feasible) or to the back of the retaining wall, which should be drained to somewhere else via gravel packed ag pipe.

Sounds like an ag-line might be the way to go. I reckon I could do it myself, but if I was to get in somebody to do it properly should it be a plumber or gardener/landscaper?

I would disagree on this - refer my above posts.

I can tell you now no property insurance covers faults from faulty building practice.

+1

Alternately, you could put a length of this http://www.reln.com.au/storm-drain-p-1.html along the fence and drain it to stormwater (though I can't see where your connections are in the yard so this might not be feasible) or to the back of the retaining wall, which should be drained to somewhere else via gravel packed ag pipe.

I concur, this does the same thing as the suggested spoon or v drain, but looks prettier. I thought previously the upper slope was in a tucked away, less visible place. Given the presentation of the rear garden, this would be a more aesthetically appealing alternative.

Back