dual occupancy questions.

Hello all, this is my first post so please bare with me.
At the moment I am living in the U.K. but will be returning to Melbourne in
October.I have experience in buying & renow'ing houses in the Port phillip area.
I want to investigate the viability/costs of doing a dual occ. in the Bentleigh area.The first piece of information I'm chasing is land size requirements, setback's, site coverage, open spaces, etc. & where to source this information.
Any advice would be greatly appreciared. :)

Bentleigh area

Hi Turk,
I currently live in Bentleigh East and have purchased a PPOR in McKinnon, which I will move into next year. I looked a purchasing a dual occ site in the McKinnon High zone and found the cost to be to high to make it worthwhile. I had also looked at doing the same thing with Metropole in the same area, however all the reasonably priced house went long ago. If you want to live on a main road you can get a place for $450k, if you want a nice street try $550K min and thats close to land value.
The area is in Glen Eira council zone www.gleneira.vic.gov.au/index.asp so try there and I know that several people from Metropole are well informed about the area.
I don't want to sound like I pushing Metropole, as I didn't end up using their services, however I found them helpful and may do something with them in the future.

good luck
PP
:)

Thanks PP for the reply. I'm looking to do the viability/costing as an exercise
that may give me a template to work with in other areas, plus with moving back to OZ. we may live in and reno. the front property and look to land bank the rear.It could take up to 2 years from now to buy & develop which may change the viability. Land banking is something I have done with industrial land in the Yarraville area, I'll be developing that soon.

Trying to take this thread further, I'm a retired plumber and would be doing much of the work myself. I am keen to get as many costings/details as possible, so if PP or anyone else could assist it would be very much appreciated.
Will probably have a talk with Metropole when I arrive back in OZ.

Back