Due diligence

Hi all, newbie to this forum and loving it.

Q: Does anyone have a Due diligence report/spreadsheet or information that they use when assessing a property or an area that they are willing to share?

If so it would be greatly appreciative. Can be emailed to me on [email protected]

Thanks heaps :)

One thing I do is look at the local council website and Google the area I am looking to purchase in, particularly if it is in a new estate. Two examples that come to mind - had a holding deposit on land but saw something about a waste mangement plan on the council website. Now the new homeowners in that estate are trying to get support together to fight a massive waste recycler on the estate's doorstep. So got out of that one. on the positive, saw plans for a proposed M4 entrance at another place I was looking at, along with a masterplan for development in the area.

While the above shows what is going on in the area, for good or bad, it also can indicate the development about to happen and whether your type of property will be scarce in the near future, or if the area will be developed to the max.

Back