Easement

Another ?. When searching for a subdividable block you don't want any easements like the sewer easement. But what if you don't have the sewer easement but the main sewer pipes still run along the back fence. You'll still have restriction like 1.5 metre to construct anything near the main sewer pipes. Hope that makes sense lol

Building Over Rear Water Easements

The planning scheme would rarely allow you to build up to the back fence line anyway.

But if you're planning on concreting or constructing a deck over any rear fence line water easement, best to speak to the water authority first, to see if permission is required. If they agree, it'll probably be on the condition that they can gain access at any time required, and you'd have to cover the cost of any repairs to anything they rip up.

Good luck! :)

~

Note: the above is general information and should not be considered as legal advice.

Another ?. When searching for a subdividable block you don't want any easements like the sewer easement. But what if you don't have the sewer easement but the main sewer pipes still run along the back fence. You'll still have restriction like 1.5 metre to construct anything near the main sewer pipes. Hope that makes sense lol

Correct you need to know where all your neighbours have sewer lines as well as you will need to do concrete piling or build xx away from it depending on the depth and type of sewer pipe.

Easements are one of the biggest hurdles in developing.

You need to watch out for
- sewer easements
- electrical body easements (transformer boxes/domes etc)
- electrical power line easements (including high power line easements)
- road widening easements (many of these not on title in my state WA)

Many of these will show up on Dial Before You Dig schematics except for the high powered lines and road widening easements. Many of these can be found if you call your state Planning Dept.

Thanks Guys you must have been a few pages in to dig this one out again.

I think, well I know that I'm a long way away from doing anything like subdividing. But who knows in years to come I might be ready. That's why I'll stick to buy and hold (still very livable) but property that has the potential in the future:)

Back