Eaves or Open trusses

Hi Guys,
Im currently having a granny flat built out the back of my house - original thread here - http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81394

The builder rings me today and asks do I want to have "eaves or open trusses", and then tells me Eaves will be extra and were not included in his original quote. I had assumed eaves would be used and they would have been included in the original quote - I didnt expect to have to pay extra. Am I right or wrong here? What should I do?!

Thanks!
Rohan

Hi Guys,
Im currently having a granny flat built out the back of my house - original thread here - http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81394

The builder rings me today and asks do I want to have "eaves or open trusses", and then tells me Eaves will be extra and were not included in his original quote. I had assumed eaves would be used and they would have been included in the original quote - I didnt expect to have to pay extra. Am I right or wrong here? What should I do?!

Thanks!
Rohan

go back to your contract with him and if eaves arnt in the exclusions then you have eaves

Your plans show eaves but no eaves linings which is what I presume you are referring to. If the plans form a part of your contract and they don't show linings then you don't get them.

Tools

Your plans show eaves but no eaves linings which is what I presume you are referring to. If the plans form a part of your contract and they don't show linings then you don't get them.

Tools

and does that mean that if nails arnt shown they become an extra?????????????

Hi Guys,

Thanks!
Rohan

I've just looked in your original thread and I see the plans and the quote. Did you also receive a specification? This would be a document that outlines your tiling allowance, what brand toilets/tapware/bath, information about included appliances (ie hot water system etc) blah blah
I would have assumed boxed eaves but in theory if stuff isn't specifically listed you can assume all you want.
Do you have a building contract that would say it?

The paint idea is good or hit him up for eaves linings are part of 'cladding' for which he is charging you $13611.

Seems like he is trying it on.

Cheers

Surely exposed eaves would be a pest entry therefore required to be closed to pests...? Whether wire mesh or simply lined eaves..?

I'd say they are trying you on for some extras. Like someone(somebody?) else
mentioned that is part of cladding.

Geeze ya gotta watch for the shonkys...:rolleyes:

Back