EBM insurance - time frame to confirm new policy?

I've just requested 2 new policies via EBM's online system and then I called to ask if I can pay for them today as I'm about to go overseas.

The lady in the call centre cut me off and said I just had to wait til an EBM rep calls.

If I don't get a callback prior to my departure, will EBM commence the policy while I am away and I can pay on my return?

yes, you have 30 days to pay, but even if you dont pay in the 30 days, they still give you leeway to pay

you can pay it online as well, as long as you have the policy number so if you get an email or via post , you can pay it

dont sweat!

Hmm I've never needed to call them.

For my properties I've done online quotes, then clicked the button to continue into an online application. From there a policy has been emailed to me with 30 days to pay.

Are you away for longer than 30 days?

Ive done a lot of new EBM policies of late.

I submit an app, email confirmation within an hour, policy next day via email with 30 days invoice to pay via eft.

I took out a policy from them last month and entered "Somersoft" as a discount code and received 2 months off policy,not sure what the other discount mentioned above gives you though..

Cheers
Coota

I've just requested 2 new policies via EBM's online system and then I called to ask if I can pay for them today as I'm about to go overseas.

The lady in the call centre cut me off and said I just had to wait til an EBM rep calls.

If I don't get a callback prior to my departure, will EBM commence the policy while I am away and I can pay on my return?

Hi Beachgurl

My guess is you rang after hours so it was only a messaging service that you spoke to, unfortunately they can be quite abrupt at times. Plenty of leeway regarding payment though as has been mentioned, and cover is put in place pending the payment anyway.

If you have a problem at all feel free to let me know.

Back