Effect of moreton bay rail link - Kallangur

Hi guys,

I am eyeing off a block in Kallangur Which requires a renovation.

The reason this one has caught my eye is that it is situated 3km from the currently being built train station for the moreton bay rail link.

What sort of impact on value could I expect once the rail line opens up?

Additionally, what are people's prospects for Kallangur moving forward in the next 2-5 years?

Cheers

Thanks for the response.

What sort of range would be the "too close for comfort" zone? (Noise, activity etc).

Would 1.5km be ideal?

Does anyone have any info about whether values in Richlands and Springfield grew after they got their rail link a couple of years ago?

Thanks for the response.

What sort of range would be the "too close for comfort" zone? (Noise, activity etc).

Would 1.5km be ideal?

Right on the line is too close for comfort.

Put yourself in the shoes of the tenants - if saving on the extra car, commuting to CBD, I would want to be out of earshot but 5-15mins walk is perfect. This probably equates to 600-1200 metres? The trick is to get this with a quiet street and amenity too. Not always easy.

For CG the effects will ripple but I think 1.5 - 3 kms is fine. Others will have their own views.

Which side of Old Gympie Road?

Eastern Side

Further Analysis indicates the exact distance to be 731m to the platform, or 500m to the proposed carpark etc.

Land is 2200m2 and has a 5bed dwelling/pool at present.

Land has secondary use title.

Not sure what the plan is yet but its gone unconditional so heres to hoping.

Back