Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Told it was a fixed price sale. Even when I had a building inspection done I tried to get a window replaced. Not even a glimmer of hope of a discount.

Great job Matt - I liked that place (wish it wasn't on the affordable home scheme!).

Does it mean that you have to live in it for a period of time ( similar to FHOG)? I don't get why they put a pair of duplex on the scheme?

Gumtree and ebay, my friend.

The rest it just using your time and referencing Youtube videos. ;)

I agree. This is the best way to cut costs on renos, I even watch when im not planning a reno, you never know when a screaming bargain (e.g. pallets of tiles) will come up, and it will help your next reno.

I've been looking into putting a cheap transportable granny flat onto the back of my block in Elizabeth north. There is a semi at the front which is rented and plenty of room in the backyard.

I want to use a cheap removable one. So far I've found out from council that I cannot have a laundry in the flat and it can be up to 60sqm.

does anyone have a rough idea of the costs for approval for this and if its feasible in the current market or not?

Alex

I agree. This is the best way to cut costs on renos, I even watch when im not planning a reno, you never know when a screaming bargain (e.g. pallets of tiles) will come up, and it will help your next reno.

I've been looking into putting a cheap transportable granny flat onto the back of my block in Elizabeth north. There is a semi at the front which is rented and plenty of room in the backyard.

I want to use a cheap removable one. So far I've found out from council that I cannot have a laundry in the flat and it can be up to 60sqm.

does anyone have a rough idea of the costs for approval for this and if its feasible in the current market or not?

Alex

Exactly. I bought the tapware and vanity off Gumtree for $150. The seller bought it for $900 (got the receipts) the year before and decided it didn't match his tiles! :) Stuff like this squeezes your budget further.

Yes, Ballard street is the worst street in Smithfield Plains + Smithfield.

Last time I drove down there, three houses were burnt out shells.

Are those cracks along the mortar joint anything to be concerned about? Or is it just a case of plug-n-paint?

Plug and paint. Hope the house stays together for 10 years with minimal maintenance cost... Then ride the CF+ for 10 years with a little CG and then when feasible develop

Plug and paint. Hope the house stays together for 10 years with minimal maintenance cost... Then ride the CF+ for 10 years with a little CG and then when feasible develop

What would a property like that rent for?

I think you should take a look on street view, burnout marks all over the street, and possibly a gang hanging outside the western side fence. Looks pretty dodgy to me...

Back