Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

If there is a Housing SA property being prepped for sale - likely auction, do you think there is any way of purchasing it before it gets listed (suggesting a quick sale)?

If there is a Housing SA property being prepped for sale - likely auction, do you think there is any way of purchasing it before it gets listed (suggesting a quick sale)?

Perhaps if you join the Labor party and get involved into some shady under table dealings.

I tried to buy one on a weekday before the first open, they wouldn't do it.

So I had to wait until the open so I could judge my offer amount better.

Ive bought before open before, need to be convincing and affirmative with your offers

Yeah could be because subject to finance. Also he didn't want to go down there to let us in when he was going to do it on sat anyway.

This was down south. Which housing trust area did you get before open? Different agent could be too..

I contacted Housing SA about it and they said it's only given in exceptional circumstances and needs approval by the Executive Director. A double is being prepped for sale next to a double I already own so I want it. My request is in so will see what will happen but of course doubtful.

Hello, bit off the current topic but just finished reading the thread (most of it anyway, its quite long now), interesting read, and been out on the weekends to check out some properties,

those with properties in Elizabeth area do you have any property managers that you would recommend?

and any recommendations for a good reliable building inspectors, one of the houses had quite a few cracks in the walls..
Cheers

For Property Managers out North speak with -

Mike Lao - Ray White Salisbury
or
Benjamin Watkins - Ray White Elizabeth
or
David Harvey - LJ Hooker Gawler

All the above are excellent Property Managers in my opinion.

Latest Purchase

Settled on this fixer upper at Craigmore a couple of weeks back -

After a few weekends it is looking a bit better outside. So far we have cut back the jungle, fitted Roller Shutters and started painting -

Prices are rising in the area. This property was advertised at 170k which I believe is right on the money.

A previous contract had fallen over and because I had been watching like a hawk when it was relisted I was first on the phone to the agent and arranged an appointment to inspect. His phone was running hot with enquiries so we offered the asking price upon inspection and added a real sweetener for the vendor - No building inspection and the probability of a desktop valuation by our financial institution. The deal was done an hour later even though he had plenty of people lined up for inspections.

The reason they jumped at our offer - It has a broken roof truss and some unlevel floors. We suspected it may need underpinning but after having several underpinners out it was discovered that the house has only sunk by 10-15mm. Therefore not worth underpinning. So we kicked a goal. Just fix the roof truss and level the floors.

The wife and I will move in for a couple of years after it is renovated.

Plans include a big double garage to house the babies. Have already started preparing the site. Big Gum tree removed and one of the two crappy sheds has been dismantled -

muStangman.

For Property Managers out North speak with -

Mike Lao - Ray White Salisbury
or
Benjamin Watkins - Ray White Elizabeth
or
David Harvey - LJ Hooker Gawler

All the above are excellent Property Managers in my opinion.

Latest Purchase

Settled on this fixer upper at Craigmore a couple of weeks back -

After a few weekends it is looking a bit better outside. So far we have cut back the jungle, fitted Roller Shutters and started painting -

Prices are rising in the area. This property was advertised at 170k which I believe is right on the money.

A previous contract had fallen over and because I had been watching like a hawk when it was relisted I was first on the phone to the agent and arranged an appointment to inspect. His phone was running hot with enquiries so we offered the asking price upon inspection and added a real sweetener for the vendor - No building inspection and the probability of a desktop valuation by our financial institution. The deal was done an hour later even though he had plenty of people lined up for inspections.

The reason they jumped at our offer - It has a broken roof truss and some unlevel floors. We suspected it may need underpinning but after having several underpinners out it was discovered that the house has only sunk by 10-15mm. Therefore not worth underpinning. So we kicked a goal. Just fix the roof truss and level the floors.

The wife and I will move in for a couple of years after it is renovated.

Plans include a big double garage to house the babies. Have already started preparing the site. Big Gum tree removed and one of the two crappy sheds to be dismantled -

muStangman.

Looking good Stangman. I've been driving past there quite a few times a week, I've been reno'ing a house on the same street - it's about to be put up for rent. Feel free to pop down and have a look if you're interested.

Hi CJ, Wow! Small world!

Yes.. I would be very interested in checking out your property. Will be stuck in the office all of this week so if you are there on the weekend that would be great. How will I know which property is yours?

By the same token feel free to drop in if you see us at the house. I will be driving the dark blue territory or the caprice.

Stangman.

Hi CJ, Wow! Small world!

Yes.. I would be very interested in checking out your property. Will be stuck in the office all of this week so if you are there on the weekend that would be great. How will I know which property is yours?

By the same token feel free to drop in if you see us at the house. I will be driving the dark blue territory or the caprice.

Stangman.

I'll send you a PM to get something organised and details. :)

Back