Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Spoke to another one of my clients in the area yesterday, he said if holders closed down it will actually increase his business.

He works for mechanical company making spares etc, if holders went then they would be required to increase production to cover the demand.

Joeyv. I agree it seems to be good value for a renovator. But your link is not working.

Lone Wolf, there is some movement in the area at the moment. Of those properties i mentioned in Ballard st - No.13 is now under contract. No.44 looks to still be on the market and if not for my wifes health issues i would be in like flynn. There have also been happenings at no.31 - the For Sale sign came down a week or so ago then somebody went in to do more work on the place and i see it is now relisted at a slightly higher price of 199k Links -

No.31 http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-elizabeth+east-114268107

No.44 http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-elizabeth+east-113921555

Stangman.

Hi Vas87, That is probably the reasoning with them doing the front yard landscaping then upping the price by 10k.;)

The big difference between the 2 in my opinion is the en-suite, modernised kitchen, carport and verandah and sliding door in the dining room of no.31.
But why oh why did they not put a carcass and doors under the sink in the kitchen - would be a big improvement.

So yes, you are probably correct in suggesting no.31 is better value at 10k more.

However i am thinking that 10k would be better in my pocket and would hope to put in a slightly lowball offer on the other property. Having access to kitchens at wholesale prices and being handy with a paintbrush it would not cost a lot to have that place looking schmick. Even the front yard would not take much to have it looking good.
Hmm...Maybe if i could grab it around 175k......

Stangman.

Snooze and you lose

:(

Yep.... Had my eye on 44 Ballard st, but was in no rush. Drove past last night coming home from work to see a huge red sold sticker on the for sale sign.
Also notice the agent has not put an "Under Contract" or "Sold" notice on the realestate.com.au listing. Buggers!

Could be the sub 200k properties around Elizabeth are starting to move again.
The last interest rate drop may be beginning to have an effect, and there is now talk of the possibility of another rate drop at the next meeting.

Hope so. Business is very patchy at the moment. Our phones rang hot on Monday at work, but then there was talk of petrol going up to $1.70 ish per litre on the news Monday night. Phones went dead again on Tuesday.

Stangman.

A little bit of a hard wedge shape, but it may be possible to get a decent two split at the front and battleaxe at the rear. Haven't go the frontage numbers to see if it could be a simple 3 split.

Excellent stock and land size for the price, especially for the Vale.

Hey guys this is a little bit cheeky of me but I'm having a garage sale tomorrow at one of my.properties as my tenant left all his stuff in my house and doesn't want it anymore. I just came for a clean up and was giving all to salvos on Monday but there's some good quality stuff here so I thought someone on here might be interested.

http://m.gumtree.com.au/v?adId=1023974333

Having the sale 7am-12pm Saturday 20th July (tomorrow) before I get on the plane
73 Midway Rd Elizabeth East

Gotta get rid of it all before Tuesday when new tenants move in

James

Last edited:
davoren park

Hi,

I just started investing in property and recently bought one in Davoren Park. It is located on the border of Davoren park and Smithfield. Mortagee sale. 3 +1 set up with new kitchen and bathroom so there is a bit of depreciation in them. Bought it for 177k and rented out for 255 pw 2 days after settlement. Land size around 700 sqm.

Cheers.

Council rate for duplex

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone here own a duplex in one title in Elizabeth? If so, how much are you paying for council rate?

I have a duplex in separate titles and paying ~$1050 each (~$750 fixed and the rest depends on valuation of property). At the end of the day ~$2100pa for council rate sounds quite expensive...:( I'm wondering if one title makes any difference?

Cheers

Is smithfeld better value?

I don't know the area well...just by looking on the net, there might be good buys .. unless they are in the nastiest streets

Cheap cheap cheap, similar rent, generally slightly smaller blocks 680-780sqm, scumsville.

Elizabeth is more bogansville, whereas Smithfield is drug labs and knifings.

But it does border a BUCKET load of new development where prices can be twice the average slumbucket in Smithfield.

Paul Siwek (Logica) is on the forums. Alternatively I have been doing quite a bit of work with another agency recently, however they focus on sourcing CF+ properties. You can PM if you like for details.

Back