Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Happy for people to keep paying these prices. Noticed recently a lot more being advertised at >$200k but haven't followed them up to see what they sold for...

Probably an outsider who'd never seen a freestanding house under $200k :p

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced plumber in the Playford area? My tenant at Elizabeth Grove informs me the toilet has been blocked... for a month now. :eek:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was full of syringes. (I'm serious).

One property we had a blockage, plumber ended up having to do their magic - turns out there was half a dozen needles stashed inside of it, creating a jenga-like blockage. This property hadn't been tenanted before - guess we can guess what the previous tenant/owner was doing in their spare time.;)

Haven't found an indie plumber which I've been super impressed with to be honest, Slater/ TG Plumbing are fine however, larger co. you're paying less competitive rates.

Last edited:
Cheer Corey, will give them a go.

Syringes wouldn't surprise me in general, but not in this instance. I believe the tenant is a born again Christian who doesn't drink or smoke, something of an anomaly for the area.

Yeah i offered under asking and straight away agent said no..

She said it was in an unhabitable unrentable state
Lol

Cracks needs carpet paint kitchen
She said bathroom was ok

Good luck. Planning to reno or demolish?
Mind sharing your calcs?

$10k reno, paint, new kitchen, new floors, fix cracks et al,
do whats required to get a decent tenant,

rent out at $240pw

add $5k if hot water system is dead/stolen, copper is gone

Hold for 1-3 years depending on the market,

tear down, subdivide into 3 blocks, and build

The house is trashed, vandalised 4 times. No hws, no copper, no stove. I am in adl currently and not bothering with the open. Too much interest it will go closer to 140k from what I have gotten from my discussions with agent

As of friday night there were 4 cash unconditional offers in at asking price. It would need to be an 80% lend or cos deal as its not habitable

The house is trashed, vandalised 4 times. No hws, no copper, no stove. I am in adl currently and not bothering with the open. Too much interest it will go closer to 140k from what I have gotten from my discussions with agent

As of friday night there were 4 cash unconditional offers in at asking price. It would need to be an 80% lend or cos deal as its not habitable

thats right up my alley way, sounds like exact same one I had about 18 months ago, vandalised, no hot water, no copper, no electricals whatso ever, graffiti, holes, leaks.

Might need a trip down to the slums shortly ;)

This could very much be a sign that the good deals are over in Elizabeth, for the short term at least.

As you'd know, those sorts of deals could be picked up without competition not that long ago.

couldnt agree with you more, the hard part is working out whether they are SS investors, investors or OO buying ! :)

Back