Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Wow, that's a bit steep for a house that need a lot of work done. I bought 1 920m2 block end of last year for the same price, renting out for 245 with minimal work.

Definitely some fun to be had in the area if ya know what you're looking for :)

There is not a single good deal left in lizbef. Time to move onto logan or frankston

Apparently Frankston has a high percentage of developable blocks, compared to the general Melbourne region.

I personally think that Elizabeth is going to be in struggle land once Holden closes down. The last big manufacturing company to move out. Combined with Adelaides net migration not going anywhere, I think those buying in Elizabeth currently are very brave.

In all honesty - I think a lot of investors bite off more than they can chew in this area.

Low weekly amounts mean that things like rates, insurance ect is a high percentage of costs. High risk of poor tenants & many of the houses have significant movement in the foundations after only 40 years.

Combined with the decreasing jobs in the area & the large quantities of available land to build, I don't see significant movement in prices in the next decade.

In all honesty - I think a lot of investors bite off more than they can chew in this area.

Low weekly amounts mean that things like rates, insurance ect is a high percentage of costs. High risk of poor tenants & many of the houses have significant movement in the foundations after only 40 years.

Combined with the decreasing jobs in the area & the large quantities of available land to build, I don't see significant movement in prices in the next decade.

Yea.. I know someone who bought something with a big crack! Oh wait :p

Back