Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

Elizabeth Downs though. That really is the worst out of all of them. I recon it will easily sell closer to the reserve than $300k.

Unfortunately I've decided against buying for the time being. It would bring my reserves down to less than $10k (assuming 80% LVR) and I've got a wedding to plan, very busy work and other life stuff going on, so I've thought that it might be best to hold off.
I know that I could do it now, if I really wanted to, but at the end of the day, I'm investing for peace of mind and this wouldn't be it.

Now I seem to myself as though I'm one of those people that always has an excuse why they can't start investing. :D

Hopefully prices won't go up too much in the next three months or so and then I'll buy something.

I still reckon it could be a great deal, so if anyone's interested, head down to the auction. The rental appraisal came back as between $220 and $230 each. I thought it might be a little on the high side, but $220 is probably achievable.

Why buy @ 80% perfect example where you think you're being less risky by going 80% and not paying LMI, whereas 90% paying LMI gives you reserve funds IMO less risk on you more on the bank :)

Hi everyone, 1st time posting.

Great site and great thread, more importantly, awesome contributers.

Yes. I would be very keen for the right price.

Any ideas what the right price should be?

15 and 17 Wilkins beautiful ambience

The auctions were supposedly today, but one has now a price listed, so perhaps that one didn't sell while the other one did.
I think for $200k for the lot (including land), it would be a good buy. Spend $20k doing them up and you've got yourself a great cash cow that's paying close to 10%.

The auctions were supposedly today, but one has now a price listed, so perhaps that one didn't sell while the other one did.
I think for $200k for the lot (including land), it would be a good buy. Spend $20k doing them up and you've got yourself a great cash cow that's paying close to 10%.

I don't think they are worth anywhere near $200k. Land size on these are terrible so you won't be able to subdivide. I would say $120-$130k?

Unfortunately I've decided against buying for the time being. It would bring my reserves down to less than $10k (assuming 80% LVR) and I've got a wedding to plan, very busy work and other life stuff going on, so I've thought that it might be best to hold off.
I know that I could do it now, if I really wanted to, but at the end of the day, I'm investing for peace of mind and this wouldn't be it.

Now I seem to myself as though I'm one of those people that always has an excuse why they can't start investing. :D

Hopefully prices won't go up too much in the next three months or so and then I'll buy something.

I still reckon it could be a great deal, so if anyone's interested, head down to the auction. The rental appraisal came back as between $220 and $230 each. I thought it might be a little on the high side, but $220 is probably achievable.

Interesting. I would definitely consider 90% lvr in this scenario but I wouldn't have less than $50k as my buffer especially if I know I have a big event coming up. Have you consulted your other half about this?

I notice that you can buy your back yard back too, for those concerned about valuation of semi's that have been subdivided.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-sa-elizabeth+downs-201109615

Why in the world anyone would bother doing a hammer head subdivision in Elizabeth Downs?

- spend about $30,000 to do a subdivision/ new fencing/ clearing block
- devalue each front property about $20,000 (ish?)

So it cost $70,000 to do and the block is advertised for $70,000

There is no profit margin so why bother....can anyone enlighten me?

Back