Engaged

Hi Sam,

My sister-in-law is getting married next month, and she is a bargain shopper extraordinaire. This is what she did.

You can get a top-of-the-line wedding gown, the sort of thing that sells for $2,000 to $5,000 in the bridal stores for less than $500! Yes, only two zeros.

http://www.fashionlande.com/bridal-gowns-c-10002.html

Buy the gown of your dreams off this site for less than $250, then get a dress-maker to make any little alterations you might need for a perfect fit.
My SIL found the EXACT gown she tried on in a shop on this site. Shop price - $2,500, online $200. She had it custom made to her size for this low price. It is a stunning dress!

The down side - they are made in China, so you are taking your business outside of Australia, though you will find that many of the gowns you buy in Australia have actually been made in China anyway.

Tip: be very careful with sizing. Especially with hem length (you can always get gown hemed if it is too long, but too short would be a disaster). Also, gowns that lace up at the back (as compared to zips or buttons) allow a little leeway for sizing (you can tighten or loosen to fit).

:)
Caroline

PS. Feel free to PM me if you would like any more info.

You can get a top-of-the-line wedding gown, the sort of thing that sells for $2,000 to $5,000 in the bridal stores for less than $500! Yes, only two zeros.

Tip: be very careful with sizing. Especially with hem length (you can always get gown hemed if it is too long, but too short would be a disaster). Also, gowns that lace up at the back (as compared to zips or buttons) allow a little leeway for sizing.

Hey, thanks Caroline!

For my year 12 formal I had a wedding Fred custom made from eBay for $130 delivered. I took the train off, added straps, changed the colour and got a corset back on it. Looked absolutely gorgeous and fitted perfectly!

The other day I found a website where all dressed are under $800 (Aus company) and you pay $50 for them to come to your house so you can try them on and get fitted before purchasing!

I think it's stupid the amount of money some people spend on a dress, I want a nice dress - but $5k is a bit steep!

Will take a look at that site tonight though - I'm sure James will be most impressed if I only spend $200!

Congratulations James and Samantha!

May you two live happily together until you guys look like this:
couple.jpg

May you two live happily together until you guys look like this
Oh, I LOVED that movie (Up). It made me cry! I kept thinking of my grandparents, who are 93 and 94, and have adjoining rooms in their nursing home. They celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary last year. :)

It was great fun for kids, but had a fabulous "simple yet profound" message for adults in it, too. I'm getting teary just thinking about it... :)

Back