Engineering is your path to becoming a billionaire!

Anything that creates a good income can be used as a tool to finance investments.

I'm not a positive geared person - all my wealth was created in capital growth using negatively geared properties.

I'm not suggesting it is the way but it was MY way!

Are you suggesting that people that wasted their time at Uni (which is 99% of Uni students) can't be successful?

99%... are you serious?

I didn't go to uni, so I'm not doing a rah rah dance for uni, but stating such an exaggerated made up statistic doesn't help your argument against it.

Last edited:
I'm serously considering Engineering at UTS. Just need to get my hands on all the completed assignments and test papers. How heavy duty is this course?

I'm serously considering Engineering at UTS. Just need to get my hands on all the completed assignments and test papers. How heavy duty is this course?

Datto, I can introduce you to Kwan. He'll help you out with completed assignments, exam crib notes & even your thesis - for a fee ;)

It would be heavy duty but if you like this sort of thing go for it.

Engineering doesn't open all doors but can give you an above average income which you can use to borrow and if you use your borrowing ability wisely you can change your life like many of us have done.

cheers

Did that article mention anything about year nine drop outs ?

There is a lot out there in that grade 9-10 deontic age group,who became very successful,,who never understood what compliance with lifes straightjacket and worked out very early that employment is systemic slavery..

I've done okay for someone who left after grade ten.

My best friend from school was forbidden from associating with "a dropout" which really hurt at the time. She lived right across town, so regular get-togethers didn't happen too often, but we were best friends at school, and her mother's comment really hurt.

Next time I saw her was when I was invited (aged about 19) to her birthday. One of her friends looked at her and said "I wish we were on speed", so I wondered what her mother would have made of that?

I wasn't into drugs and didn't drink much at all, and I thought it ironic that her uptight, snobby mother had said I was not suitable company for her due to leaving school early, but her daughter was clearly doing drugs. She was studying nursing and doing drugs was hardly "unusual" in the late 70s.

Wylie my best friends mum in year nine told her not to associate with me because I told her I wanted to do something associated with medicine or science when I went to uni.

Her comment was that anyone who had a uni degree was a snob and I was going to turn into one - just by thinking forward in year nine that I wanted to go to uni.
My friend did not even finish year 11, married a taxi driver and to this day struggles for money.

Oh and snobbery was confirmed when I bought my first property at 19.

When I bought my 3rd one a few years later at uni she told me I was very greedy and I did not need all those properties.

Moral of the story - people can only judge you according to their own conditioning and limitations. Their comments about you are not about you but a reflection of themselves.

As an adult now, my aim is to please no one, I do things that make ME happy and everyone is free to waste their time having opinions about it if they want to!

Engineers are smart and down to earth and love their jobs for which they are well paid. = save/invest heaps of money. Makes sense and good on them.

LOL! The most ditsy person I know is an engineer. He makes true the line that 'Common sense is not common". :p

Of course, he is just one example. I am sure there are many more who are brilliant.

Back