Epping Victoria

Actually went for a drive through Thomastown/Lalor recently - much different than I expected. Even the older homes looked very neat and well looked after, minimal graffiti around etc. Not sure what I expected but sometimes the preconcieved ideas can be pretty wrong!

Approx the same kms from the CBD as Blackburn and half the price!! Lot of development at the moment through - new units/townhouses going up everywhere. Interesting virtually all 2 bedroom...

Epping worries me a little - from the simple realestate.com.au stats, 804 properties for sale, 435 sold in past year, 107 available to rent.

So 2 years worth of stock on market??

Epping worries me a little - from the simple realestate.com.au stats, 804 properties for sale, 435 sold in past year, 107 available to rent.

So 2 years worth of stock on market??

Isnt that a good thing? Plenty of stock means good pricing / negotiating maybe ?

Epping is a very green and beautiful place.
best suited for residential buys and the real estate there is booming well as well..

Not sure about the green bit but

1. Epping plaza is giganormous - having said that not as many mercs and bimmers in the car park as Plenty Valley Westfield.

2. no major graffiti issues Lalor/Thomastown/Epping - compared to around Reservoir station, very "clean"

3. High St is a pain at any hour - trying to get out City bound from the west side is a long wait.

4. The new fruit/veg/flower wholesale market looks like an airport - and is probably bigger!

The Y-man

Costco is also moving into Epping, and a new town centre opening up in the Aurora estate. Heard news of The Northern Hospital expanding to cope with increased population, initial stages already underway. And they have recently expanded and refurbished Epping Plaza (now called Pacific Epping), its got everything and much nicer now. So there is a bit of money going into Epping. Roads do need improvement though, population, infrastructure and traffic boom over the years = congestion!

Back