Ermington-riverside Sydney

Hi All

First time post- Interested in buying IP in ermington,however
must be on the riverside of Victoria Rd.

What are peoples thoughts or experiences .....Im Not interested in
buying in the new development (Stocklands) i think they are over priced(650-850) in comparison to a fibro up on the hill for around $500 + which seems
would have more potential in the future ... with possible uninterupted views of olympic park,Parra river and the City... What are the grand plans for that
side of Ermington.Seems like alot of potential BUT is there?

Your thoughts Please

I had a look at ermo the other day. Didn't suit me because I want to do renos. For you though: on one hand it costs $650 to get a brand new place closer to the river as opposed to a $500k sh*tbox. On the other hand for $500k you get a block that you can subdivide.

Good area for sudvision potential. Areas closer to the city (west ryde etc) have nicer older houses. Ermo is a lot of fibro so they will get bought and bowled over.

I thought the south side was the better half of ermington (ie. closer to water side)
and the north side is where the housing comms are?

Can anyone clarify as im doing some research around the ermington/rydalmere area.

Thanks

I thought the south side was the better half of ermington (ie. closer to water side)
and the north side is where the housing comms are?

Can anyone clarify as im doing some research around the ermington/rydalmere area.

Thanks

Here is a list of all the street located between Victoria Road and the river (please note I have not included the development currently under construction by Stockland).

Ashton Avenue = 1 out of the 5 homes are housing commission

Atkins Road = 13 out of the 47 homes are housing commission

Bannerman Street = 10 out of the 33 homes are housing commission

Boronia Street = 13 out of the 54 homes are housing commission

Boyle Street = 6 out of the 28 homes are housing commission

Coffey Street = 9 out of the 30 homes are housing commission

Ferris Street = 6 out of the 37 homes are housing commission

Gregory Street = 4 out of the 23 homes are housing commission

Heysen Avenue = 0 out of the 25 homes are housing commission

Hilder Road = 5 out of the 44 homes are housing commission

Honor Street = 0 out of the 22 homes are housing commission

Jackson Street = 3 out of the 19 homes are housing commission

Lambert Avenue = 10 out of the 21 homes are housing commission

Lister Avenue = 2 out of the 12 homes are housing commission

Macartney Street = 7 out of the 44 homes are housing commission

Maling Avenue = 4 out of the 26 homes are housing commission

Marguerette Street = 12 out of the 71 homes are housing commission

Massie Street = 1 out of the 12 homes are housing commission

Murdoch Street = 1 out of the 57 homes are housing commission

River Road = 30 out of the 53 homes are housing commission

Saunders Road = 7 out of the 21 homes are housing commission

Spofforth Street = 8 out of the 33 homes are housing commission

Spurway Street = 14 out of the 73 homes are housing commission

Tristram Street = 3 out of the 24 homes are housing commission

Trumble Avenue = 15 out of the 68 homes are housing commission

Trumper Street = 7 out or the 33 homes are housing commission

Turner Street = 10 out of the 20 homes are housing commission

Please can I ask how do you get this information in relation to which streets have housing commission houses? and is it available for all suburbs?
thanks in advance

Wow that is comprehensive, where did you get the RP data from? (and what does RP stand for)
How can i obtian it.
Thanks

RP Data subscriptions cost RE agents approx $5-10K p/a depending on their package. I pay approx $6K but I wouldn't use it unless I was in the industry. Get cozy with a REA and they might help you out, especially if you're planning to buy or sell in the near future :D

Collector,

What about Hughes Ave. ?

Big Tone

Did not go as far east as Hughes Ave (actually thought this was part of the next suburb)

Here are the results for the streets I missed

Hughes Ave = 1 out of the 55 houses are housing commission*

Swane St = 0 out of the 11 houses are housing commission

Hope St = 0 out of the 11 houses are housing commission

Linden Grove = 0 out of the 17 houses are housing commission

Jervis St = 1 out of the 20 houses are housing commission

* all the homes on the eastern side of Hughes Ave back onto industrial premises and high voltage power lines

:confused:
Hi there, would love to find out where the housing commissions are in Dundas Valley. Do you have to pay for that data on the myrpdata website? Im interested in buyng a property on Dundas valley and Ive heard there are pockets of housing commissions in Dundas Valley, but im not sure where. I have an idea of what the houses look like but would love to know exactly what streets have them. Would appreciate your help!

Thanks for that. Driving around the area, it looks as though all streets have some housing commission on them, but its not knowing whether they have been sold off or whether they are still active housing commission. Any pockets of Housing commisson around Perry St?

Thanks for that. Driving around the area, it looks as though all streets have some housing commission on them, but its not knowing whether they have been sold off or whether they are still active housing commission. Any pockets of Housing commisson around Perry St?

Only one in Perry St is HC (almost last property in high no's side) - the rest are privately owned according to the PDS database.

Back