ESUPERFUND - $699 pa SMSF Administration

Hi there,

Has anyone here used ESUPERFUND for their SMSF administration services recently?

http://www.esuperfund.com.au/Default.aspx

(btw I know there's an older thread on this here)

As far as I can see, they are the cheapest on the market for ongoing costs, ie. $699 pa for administration and audit and unlimited transactions (plus a $150 ATO fee for the SMSF on top of this).

I can't find anything really bad about them on a google search, most reports from other forums are positive overall.

You just need to use an ANZ bank account and trade with Commsec (for $29.95 per trade, a bit higher than normal, but not such an issue if you only make a handful of transactions a year).

I can't find anyone else that will do it cheaper than this... ?

Thanks.

I think you'll find they want you to be using a particular bank and their deed docs don't do property.

(Or more correctly, they didn't when I looked at them).

They are good if you are just thinking of trading shares.
But I moved away from them, as they don't do Property (i.e where you purchase with a loan / warrant to buy a property under your smsf).
If you plan to do a 70 or 72% lend on a property , then I suggest you use www.superhelp.com.au - thats who I use. Around $900 is their cost.

They are good if you are just thinking of trading shares.
But I moved away from them, as they don't do Property (i.e where you purchase with a loan / warrant to buy a property under your smsf).
If you plan to do a 70 or 72% lend on a property , then I suggest you use www.superhelp.com.au - thats who I use. Around $900 is their cost.

Hi perky, as mentioned previously, they do do geared property now, using St George at a 72% lend. Though perhaps when you were a member they did not.

With superhelp, is their $900 fee including the $150 ATO fee?

Thanks.

With superhelp, is their $900 fee including the $150 ATO fee?
JIT
When you consider the fees look at the whole package and see if it suits your investment profile.
Also, check if they offer you a demo account to get a feel for it

hi jit
only read the first para of the link and read this
your Deeed allows
what is a deeed
is this for a long time hold
and the deed ages

hi all
do either of these group quarantee that you will get the loan
what if you get the smsf thru these groups and the loan falls over do they then refund and close off the smsf
also not that I have seen it
but will ask my guys
can you have a smsf per property(this part I know you can) but with these different groups
this would be interesting to do
I will have a look
but thanks for the links

hi all
interesting that esuperfund does not give any names about whos behind the company
if you have a look at the site it tells you about what they do but not who they are.
I do like to have an insight with who I am dealing with and websites taht have alot of sin but not alot about who they are do worry me a bit
from reading it is it part of macq bank
it looks very interesting.
and seems very cheap is it like a form of broker in trhat it sets it up and does all the regulatory stuff and you just invest.
two question that I have and one was answered on esuper
how do they go if the company of the smsf is not an australian based company thou has a acn as it has a local company within its structure
and two how do they go buying overseas property esuper have said its won't allow it the other have had trouble logging into it
not sure why

Last edited:
Esuper

I have never used it, but a financial planning friend has and said the reports that came out were pretty good, so happy to recommend them, especially at that price.

The $699 would not cover property as that is a little more work, more from the compliance side than anything. My mate thinks the reports are as good as any he has seen.

As a flat out marketing exercie, if you are interested in getting super funds done, I also do them from $450 + GST for other accountants so would be happy to extend that to the somersoft group, so message me if interested, especially if you are in Perth.

Apologies for the blatant marketing grab!

Hi JIT,

Did you wind up going ahead with ESuper ?

Hi redwing,

I was going to, but later decided that my super balance was still too low and I didn't have enough time to manage a SMSF at this stage to make it worthwhile.

Overall the reviews of ESuper from various online users on share forums was positive, so I am not averse to using them when it is more suitable to my situation.

Hi BV,

We have an existing SMSF, and the compliance cost (from a CPA firm) is getting higher each year, with this year being $1700 (return + audit).

We have just called eSuperFund as per suggested by this thread, but was told they don't take on existing funds citing they have enough new business.

Do you know of any other firms that would offer similar services to eSuperFund?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi BV,

I don't think there is anyone else as cheap as $699 per year.
Do you need the online service?

I think the next cheapest option would be my accountant in Beverly Hills.
http://www.valsamisandassociates.com.au/contact.htm
I pay around $1K which is cheap because half of it is going to the auditor (a different firm).

If you do contact Nick, tell him you got his details from the Somersoft forum and he'll give you a discounted price.

Hi BV,

We have an existing SMSF, and the compliance cost (from a CPA firm) is getting higher each year, with this year being $1700 (return + audit).

We have just called eSuperFund as per suggested by this thread, but was told they don't take on existing funds citing they have enough new business.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,
I use www.superhelp.com.au - they are priced at around $900 per annum. Similar to esuperfund - but they DO property (unlike esuperfund).
They are in Hurstville.
David

SMSF accounts Alternative

I got asked to leave by my administator. Dear John letter said that because I had opened and used heavily a bank account outside of their preferred bank I would need to find someone else. I rang and they told me to FIFO. Laughed when he said it. What does it mean? I think that it means Fit In or Find Other. Where do I go please?

Back