Excel spreadsheet formula

Hi Brenda

Yahoo Widgets has a great Stock Ticker (and many others) that you can save to your desktop which shows the rise and fall of the shares both as a monetary value and % (uses Red and Green as well)

Adding ASX shares is as easy as *right click* add symbol

Say:
BYL.ax
Stocks
All Markets

I think its updated every few minutes (or sooner) and is great for a Watchlist as well as holdings, clicking on the stocks will take you to Yahoo Finance and data on that stock (tip; sign up for their BETA version of the Free Charting Software).

I have a number on there (and FXI just for interest sake and have watched it bounce around since listing)

Error in formula should read =(((D7/C7)^(1/E7))-1)*100)
I've had BLY for 86 days so I put in .24 years
I got -99.98!
What did I do wrong?

Oh I see, I put a divide in the wrong spot before. It's ok just me can't type properly. Your formula is correct.

Dazzling! Do you know how long it took me to find ^ on my keyboard? I didn't even know it existed.

My compound by the way came out at 126.05, is that good?

I tried this and got 113% as the annualised return for the same figures i.e

$1.85 Purchased
$2.22 Current
.24 of the year (86 days/365) = 0.2356.....

=(((D59/C59)^(1/E59))-1)*100

Answer 113.8

^
:(

Thats the *dunce* hat on my little man

Posted this on InvestED regarding the StockTicker (its updated every 20 mins) I also have the weather displayed on my screen and the forecast, at work i have the same plus it links to my Outlook and Calendar, some neat tools there, I think Windows Vista has adopted some of them.

Stock Ticker Link

Back