express sale?

sorry for silly question.

if a property is listed as express sale with no price, what exactly does it mean?
quick settlement?

The agent probably has no idea how to price the place.

And if it is a seller's market, it makes the buyer (who already has missed out a number of properties) panic and offer way over the expectations. I have seen this happen in a few suburbs.

yeah century 21 ad. agent never replies to email query anyway.

just thought express sale actually meant something. i hate gimmicks.

They do it to get more people in to view the property based on what they want i.e. 3 bedroom with yard, rather than the price. Call the agent and ask for a guide price, they will still give you one.

First time I saw it I asked as I thought it meant express as in fast but no it meant express as in expression of interest.:confused:

I don't like it as a sales technique. Yes I know the prices in the area but I have no idea what the vendor expects so may be wasting my time doing the numbers and puting in an offer.

First time I saw it I asked as I thought it meant express as in fast but no it meant express as in expression of interest.:confused:

I don't like it as a sales technique. Yes I know the prices in the area but I have no idea what the vendor expects so may be wasting my time doing the numbers and puting in an offer.

Yep its just a shot in the dark from selling agents wanting to generate a quick outcome. Panicky buyers might overpay, not sure how the bank valuers feel about that...

I tend to either lowball or wait until it doesn't sell and gets a price put on it, at least then you can bracket the negotiations a little easier. If someone is emotionally attached obviously its fine to run an estimate and pay fair market price for it whatever the marketing method.

Back