External door colour

Most doors that I have seen are white. The reason for this appears to be that white will be acceptable for most people, and is bright, if not happy. It has been suggested to me that an external door be painted grey:
"Grey doesn't show up the dirt as much, white is for apartments".

Any views? TIA.

Most doors that I have seen are white. The reason for this appears to be that white will be acceptable for most people, and is bright, if not happy. It has been suggested to me that an external door be painted grey:
"Grey doesn't show up the dirt as much, white is for apartments".

Any views? TIA.

Is this for an IP?

I don't know..there really isn't a wrong answer.. darker color will no doubt hide dust/dirt more but darker colors also generally reduce size appearance/stand out bang value. No hard rule really.

Perhaps somewhere in the middle?

Leo

I have gradually over the years changes the colour of fascia's and outside doors to a light grey from White , made the mistake to think white was easy to cut
in when using other white paints for eaves ect , which it is ,however it does show
the dirt and mould very quickly. More maintenance on outdoor whites than greys.

This is for an IP. maybe a mid grey is best. Tardis blue appeals, bigger on the inside, and for the bad tenants - Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Would insurance cover an attack by Daleks?

Dark colours will have a disclaimer stating they may fade or have more problems but I do think they are awesome - I'm going to have a black door on my PPOR.

But for an IP it really depends on what the other colours of the exterior are. I tend to get my doors painted Surfmist (same as the colorbond colour) as it's not white white but looks fresh.

Dark colours will have a disclaimer stating they may fade or have more problems but I do think they are awesome - I'm going to have a black door on my PPOR.

Our PPOR front door is black. I love it. It does have glass at the top though so it is not a solid block of black.

For an IP I tend to go with whatever suits the house best.

Is there any other colour but red or purple? Surely not! :eek:

Oh - did do a door once in Colorbond Ironstone ... looked really good

Back