Extra Repayments Calculator (advanced) - fixed interest.

Hi Richard,

I have attached a spreadsheet that might be close enough what you asked in your first post.

Let me know if you have any problems with it,

Sandor

Attachments

• Extra Payment Calculator.zip
    51.1 KB · Views: 58
sometimes you have to admit you made the wrong choice and cut your losses
breaking free of the fixed rate may cost you a bit now but may work out in your favour in only a few years
i think instead of over analyzing it you need to see a broker than may be able to help you with a solution to suit your situation

Yep, +1 for seeing a broker. Let them work out the options.

I just wanted to say thanks again to every one of the people who posted here. Greatly appreciated.

I will be seeing a broker prior to the commencement of year #3 of my home loan and in the mean time, surplus funds are headed to a saving account accruing 5.75% interest.

There's still a lot of learning ahead of me.

Interesting nic Richard - how is the Quantum Mechanics going these days? Looks like you managed to invent a Tardis anyway - well done! I concur with others that there is no point trying to nail down the exact location of an electron in space - the Uncertainty Principle applies. Leave the box closed and the cat will survive - you just have to trust it to fate - trying to look at it all the time means you kill the thing you are trying to protect.

:)

BTW - Welcome to the forum!

And apologies for all the "in" jokes in poor taste for all those people who haven't studied Quantum Physics!

Back