Facebook

Anyone addicted to Facebook?

I only joined a week ago after many request from friends and I've laready found friends I have completely lost contact with for years.

It's so addictive! different from other sites.

Just joine a group called

"I grew up in australia in the 90's".....hilarious

I have heard so much about Facebook but haven't had a peek at it yet.

What is the big difference between Facebook and Schoolfriends or find a friend or whatever it is now called???

I've noticed that this and several other sites like it appear to be mostly populated by people wanting to get hooked up, or people linking with friends in the 15-25 age range.

I don't have any problem with it, it's just an observation and I think Facebook does excellent for certain audiences.

If you're looking to connect with professionals, try Linked In.

Fancy that!

That amazing, my cousin must have joined in the last day or two and I automatically recieved an invite to be on her 'friends' list (??). It was the first time I had heard of Facebook and now I have spotted a thread on it here! I will have to go back and have a look around when I get some time.

It would be great to start up a somersoft and state based (AREIG, SIG MIG etc.) groups to enable more personal networking opportunities

Okay, I'll take a punt for some fun.

I've set up a group "Australian Property Investment Group" on Facebook.

If you're interested, feel free to join this group.

It purpose is simply to connect people on the basis of an interest in investing in property in Australia. I'll make sure it mirrors the state based events, but it's not intended to be another discussion forum, just another way for people to connect.

The upcoming MIG and SIG meetings are already posted there.

to gain momentum...there should be some sort of description of the purpose of the group and everyone to contribute.

At church, this girl from GC came all thw ay to bris to attend the church last week and she found out about it through Facebook group!

Tried to buy you guys a round of beer! but I can't...hav eto be on friends list...bummer

Sue,

Yesterday was the first time I had been on the site so I will play around with it today and see if I can get my head around it a bit better.

Okay - it took a bit of programming, but I think its working now.

You need to add your Facebook profile URL to your Somersoft profile.

Go to the User Control Panel, click on Edit Profile, scroll right down the bottom and you will see a new profile field called "Facebook Profile" (see screenshot attached).

You need to enter the URL to your profile. You can find this information by logging in to Facebook and going to the badges page. Near the bottom of that page is a link that says something like:

Put a link to your Facebook profile on AIM: Facebook me!

You need to copy just the URL bit - that's the bit that looks like:

Code:
http://www.facebook.com/p/Joe_Bloggs/123456789

... and paste that into your Somersoft profile field. You should then get a link to your facebook profile on your Somersoft profile page and at the top of each post (look for the little blue F icon).

Attachments

• facebook.png
    facebook.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Back