Failure to provide condition report

Can someone please tell me the likely outcome of the VCAT hearing whereby my tenants have done damage to my property and I wish to claim money from the bond for repairs? I have photos from the agent prior to them moving in and a condition report (unsigned by the tenant) proving this fact.

What I have just found out is that our tenants did not receive or sign a copy prior to moving in. I understand I can now sue my PM for not managing my property correctly, this is all now very messy.

Anyone who has gone through a similar experience care to share?

What I have just found out is that our tenants did not receive or sign a copy prior to moving in. I understand I can now sue my PM for not managing my property correctly, this is all now very messy.

Anyone who has gone through a similar experience care to share?

Hi Danny

Oh dear. It sounds like your PM has to shoulder the blame here. Big no-no for not having a completed and signed off condition report upon entry. I'd be contacting the principal of the agency to see how they're going to handle this for you and rectify the situation so you're not out of pocket.
Keep records of all correspondence (attempt to email rather than phone) and best of luck. Photos are part of the condition report but certainly may not be sufficient to present to tribunal. Let us know how you go.

Back