Farewell from WW

There is no breadth of opinion left on this site. Any doubters are chased off eventually. Orchestrated gang warfare works every time.

In the end you feel chuffed and somehow "The Victors", I can't see that. I think you lose a little each time someone who can think independently is banished. And WW and Dazz are thinkers. (maybe that's what was wrong :()

You're just cranky cause you've done the same thing yourself. Since when has dissenting opinion been 'forced from the forum'? I can't remember the last time the mod's deleted any of your posts and you make it your business to be dissenting. Quit acting like it's 1984.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some of the people, with the comments they have made in this thread need to wake up.

We have lost 2 very important members who invested hundreds if not thousands of hours of their time in posting over the years. To 'spit the dummy' and resign is their way of acknowledging that they are not appreciated here.

I'm sure a lot of the comments in this thread about 'they will just come back' is more wishful thinking, than realizing the important nature of their departure.

bye

But they both did it before?

I think the issue for Dazz was my complaint. If Dazz left because myself and then the moderators thought his slur on the Rememberance Day thread was too much then I am shocked at how precious he can be.

That's the only complaint I have made besides some on GR a while back and a lot on spam, dodgy brokers and people trying to sell Nokia phones.

Perhaps I am on the back foot and maybe you aren't directing that at me.

Doesn't matter either way I guess. I am off to enjoy the sunshine :)

I think some of the people, with the comments they have made in this thread need to wake up.

We have lost 2 very important members who invested hundreds if not thousands of hours of their time in posting over the years. To 'spit the dummy' and resign is their way of acknowledging that they are not appreciated here.

I'm sure a lot of the comments in this thread about 'they will just come back' is more wishful thinking, than realizing the important nature of their departure.

bye

Well said Bill.

You've nailed it...................they are my sentiments also.

To those who have found time to criticise these two contributors and regale how non-personable and attacking and insensitive they are, have a big long look in the mirror.............Are you any different? :confused:

I will miss their contribution. If you don't like certain personalities or what they have to say, then put them on ignore. :cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Laszczuk
You think so? They've both done it several times. They will both be back.
You are very good at making assumptions.

bye
I don't know Daz but WW won't be back. I have stepped back from "real" discussion to small talk about ironing on carpets etc, but even that is not appreciated by Gordon (with a second name which should be modded) when he posted this:
Let's face it, a fair percentage of your posts have literally been "I agree with you, WW" and "I agree with you, Dazz" with you initiating little. Well, now they're gone and you're on your own. Harden up.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Anyone with an open mind should read the Why Property thread by a newbe. I knew there was no way I could give any balance so I made a short, simple reply. The rest of the thread is one great love-fest. Do you SERIOUSY think that is in the best interest of the original poster? I think he deserves better.

So while I enjoy some of the small talk here I guess I have no choice but to join WW and Daz (and another who sent me a PM) particularly in light of the derisive posts about me that I have read now that the gloves are off.

Note to the Mods: I have been on the receiving end of a lot of bile without ANY protection from you. Lodging a TOU and (maybe, not always) having the offending post removed is no redress and is not my way. The dart had been fired and felt. Once an objectionable post has been made I'd prefer to have equal rights of reply but you do not allow that.

Your forum will become little more than mutually pithing in each others' pockets. You may get a nice warm feeling but not much enlightenment.

Thommo, you posted this in response to my initial post in this thread.

Classic response from an SS "Gang member".

Then you go on to wax lyrical about how you're so hard done by?

So while I enjoy some of the small talk here I guess I have no choice but to join WW and Daz (and another who sent me a PM) particularly in light of the derisive posts about me that I have read now that the gloves are off.

Note to the Mods: I have been on the receiving end of a lot of bile without ANY protection from you. Lodging a TOU and (maybe, not always) having the offending post removed is no redress and is not my way. The dart had been fired and felt. Once an objectionable post has been made I'd prefer to have equal rights of reply but you do not allow that.

Get off your high horse. Like some people on here and those who have recently left, you seem to be able to give, but can't take. You want to talk property down, that's fine. Contrary to your assertion, I'm not a property bull, I made a decision a while back to avoid resi and go straight to commercial. Not that you'd know that, since Dazz was the only person I ever told.

But getting your knickers in a twist and whinging about how you're so hard done by just makes you look silly. If your assertions were correct, 90% of your posts would get deleted.

don't let the door hit ya on your way out

I think the issue for Dazz was my complaint. If Dazz left because myself and then the moderators thought his slur on the Rememberance Day thread was too much then I am shocked at how precious he can be.

I was the person who created the Remembrance Day thread. I was not upset by Dazz's remarks and am unhappy that he was victimized for this reason. There should be some diversity here and Dazz provided it.

WW won't be back.

Dazz is missed. WW and his unbalanced Richard Werner conspiracy theories won't be.

I have no choice but to join WW and Daz (and another who sent me a PM) particularly in light of the derisive posts about me that I have read now that the gloves are off.

Well, you seem to be behaving as WW did. If you can't have your way, you leave. No doubt you will return using a new handle.

Anyone with an open mind should read the Why Property thread by a newbe. I knew there was no way I could give any balance so I made a short, simple reply. The rest of the thread is one great love-fest. Do you SERIOUSY think that is in the best interest of the original poster? I think he deserves better.

Maybe you read the question "Why Property" ...differently. If someone asks you why are using property as an investment vehicle, then the answers provided in the main, are going to be around individual motivations, preferences and experiences. And on a property forum, you are probably going to have a heavy bias towards this as an investment class. No?

If you want to transpose this with answer another question and ask why only property to the exclusion of all other investments, then you may interpret the responses as warped. But of course, the question didn't ask that.

I reckon they're both reading this thread laughing their butts off...

Anyways, I got to meet Dazz in person in Melbourne so I'm happy.

I reckon they're both reading this thread laughing their butts off...

No kidding! At the very least WW is. The only reason to post an AW thread is to come back and read the responses. If he didn't care what people thought or what their reactions would be, he would have just left without saying a word.

Anyway, I stand by my assertion that as soon as they both decide to start acting their age as opposed to their shoe size, they will be back.

I think both of these posters were appreciated loudly, frequently, and publicly - and rightly.

But despite my disappointment at their departures, I'm at least equally disappointed with the sniping at the moderators, without whom there wouldn't be a forum.

I hope all the disenchanted members realise that even with the imperfections they perceive, Somersoft is worth being involved with.

Bill,,I think this time it will be final for both,after all Dazz did say something about the "xxx"start-up he was buying into if it went to a certain level then he may be able to walk in and pay their loans out,I hope that happens ,,as long as he does not become emotionally attached to the stand alone investment,..
WW,being a foward thinker will just go it alone that's what happens when the decisions you make you have to stand by and become stronger in the process.good luck to both of them ..

Victimized? Have you got a dictionary?

I started the Remembrance day thread. Mainly because my father was an Army officer and, for a bit, I was involved with the Army reserve while at university.

Dazz irreverently remarked on the Remembrance day thread that excessive patriotism and love for the royal family has caused way too much loss of life over the past century. Although I personally do not endorse Dazz's comments, I don't see why he should be victimized for saying what he believed in.

I'm neither a dove or a pacifist - in fact I'm a strong advocate of the current involvement in Afghanistan. That said, one would have to be a heartless fool to suggest that not enough lives have been lost fighting pointless wars.

Dazz had a point - pity nobody else could see it.

WW,being a foward thinker .
If you believe in Richard Werner type conspiracy theories and that forex speculation is an "investment" then clearly WW is a forward thinker, ahead of all of us *wink*

Last edited:
I'm at least equally disappointed with the sniping at the moderators, without whom there wouldn't be a forum.

I hope all the disenchanted members realise that even with the imperfections they perceive, Somersoft is worth being involved with.

Agree Perp,

and all the more worth being involved in when we have generous and humble member folk who contribute in giving (and receiving) without expecting too much in return. The generous are always content.

When someone leaves in a huff like this - I feel sorry for them. It doesn't seem like they are giving to the forum - but merely expecting something from it or someone on it.

Kudos Mods, keep up the great work.

I love dissenting voices who can rationally argue a position. That western liberal democracy allows this dissent is the cornerstone of its strength.

The responses seem to be either: They'll be back or never liked him anyway.

So Winston voiced some politically incorrect comments about migration causing the comfortable bourgeois to reach for their smelling salts.

Dazz had the nerve to drop the niceties and give a glimpse of what the real business world is like- and other members resented either his attitude (or perhaps his financial success).

I see it as the loss of two valuable input sources.

As to patriotism leading to wars- I think thats a valid point.

We will see what transpires.

Back