Farewell from WW

If you believe in Richard Werner type conspiracy theories and that forex speculation is an "investment" then clearly WW is a forward thinker, ahead of all of us *wink*
I think it pays to read everything by anyone who thinks outside the normal lines,if they help your after tax strategy over a 13 month period

You only have to look back on the prior history of this site,there has been some"Live-Ones"come and go a few i have learnt a massive amount
from,and the way they think,others need to understand one of Kerry Packers famous quotes"If you Don't Complain you don't need to Explain"

..willair..

I thought you didnt own any property.

Contrary to your assertion, I'm not a property bull, I made a decision a while back to avoid resi and go straight to commercial. Not that you'd know that, since Dazz was the only person I ever told.

But getting your knickers in a twist and whinging about how you're so hard done by just makes you look silly. If your assertions were correct, 90% of your posts would get deleted.

I hope the gents come back. I also agree that the moderators do a thankless job.

If the boys don't come back, can I have their post counts? I would use my new found power for good. Promise.

Aint all of this good fun!

Being relatively new to this forum, I dont know the full history on here. I have been a member on many forums and ended up leaving when there are too many "newbies" asking the same old boring questions. All the experinced folk had left long ago because they couldnt say what they thought without being moderated. It just gets boring.

So while I dont know what WW, or Daz did wrong. I have read many of their posts and liked their devils advocate views. Their experiance in the market was an asset to a forum like this.

Reading this post their are clearly some disenting views on here, and I think it just adds to the character of the place.

Its all good fun!

This forum will end up with a lonely bunch of disillusion bulls who think their properties will double every 12 months. :rolleyes: It's funny coz as you're about to leave the market is looking to tank in the next 12 months, you'll be missing out on all the crash threads. :p

As far as the newbies goes, it would probably be a god idea to more strongly encourage use of the 'search' function. On another forum I'm a member of (a V8 forum - yeah!), use of the search function is espoused by all, meaning a lot of the newbie questions get filtered out, leaving the more interesting stuff.

Just a thought.

Oh, and despite having been moderated this arvo, I think the mods do a good job here. I also received a barb (and sent one back), and both were removed. Not at all unreasonable.

I'll miss Dazz's posts, I learnt a lot from him.
However I won't miss WW, he is just a bully with no time for other peoples opinions, who has become more aggressive in the last few weeks. I'm glad he's gone.

There is no breadth of opinion left on this site. Any doubters are chased off eventually. Orchestrated gang warfare works every time.

In the end you feel chuffed and somehow "The Victors", I can't see that. I think you lose a little each time someone who can think independently is banished.
Sunfish, surely you recognise there's a huge difference between "expressing a contrary viewpoint" and being abusive? I think there are huge numbers of forumites who aren't property bulls, particularly this decade. :eek:

I again challenge you, and anybody else who thinks this is about being pro- or anti- property investing: give me one instance where somebody was moderated solely for expressing a contrary viewpoint about investing. I missed it all, but my perception is that the violations which led to WW and Dazz having their posts deleted were, in both instances, unrelated to their opinions on investing. Both have posted volumes of information, much of which might be perceived as opposing mainstream opinion, about investing over a long period of time, which the moderators let stand, and which many forumites openly appreciated. I don't believe the deletion of their posts has anything to do with their investing/economic philosophies.

Anybody who feels that the requirement to post with at least a modicum of civility hinders them in expressing themselves, needs to work on their communication skills.

And I share geoffw's disappointment that some of the comments in this thread about Dazz and/or WW are also unnecessarily unkind. :mad: Oh, the irony of saying something nasty about the departure of somebody you perceived as nasty! :rolleyes:

Perp,

I again challenge you, and anybody else who thinks this is about being pro- or anti- property investing: give me one instance where somebody was moderated solely for expressing a contrary viewpoint about investing.

You have to be kidding.

If you look back through the history of this forum, I have often posted opposing views on things like cashbonds, the Navra fund, buy-write funds etc, that were promoted by high profile 'gurus' that had many supporters here. I have on several occasions been gagged from commenting about them. I took offense at comments by the promoters of such things that times would always be good and the notion that things like 10% income and 5% cap growth would/could go on indefinitely.

It will be interesting to see if this post gets deleted because I have mentioned that which I'm not meant to. :rolleyes:

bye

You have to be kidding.
No, I was completely in earnest. :)

I can see why "company XYZ are scoundrels, ripping you off for extortionate fees" may be problematic to Somersoft (whilst the Somers may be willing to host the forum for free, I don't expect them to wear a libel lawsuit on our behalf), but I can't imagine that "I am concerned that the growth forecasts for XYZ's ABC Fund won't be realised because of concerns about the price of copper increasing" would be censored.

But as you still haven't given me an example, I can't be sure what statements were made which you think were unfairly deleted. ;)

cashbonds, the Navra fund, buy-write funds etc, that were promoted by high profile 'gurus' that had many supporters here. I have on several occasions been gagged from commenting about them. I took offense at comments by the promoters of such things that times would always be good and the notion that things like 10% income and 5% cap growth would/could go on indefinitely.
I just hope you don't throw the laptop out the window and stop posting also,, plus i think you left a few gurus out of the list that have come and gone in this site and taken a small % with them..willair..

If you look back through the history of this forum, I have often posted opposing views on things like cashbonds, the Navra fund, buy-write funds etc, that were promoted by high profile 'gurus' that had many supporters here. I have on several occasions been gagged from commenting about them. I took offense at comments by the promoters of such things that times would always be good and the notion that things like 10% income and 5% cap growth would/could go on indefinitely.

Sorry Bill, there is a very big difference between posting an "opposing view" on a subject, and posting potentially libellous material about specific people or businesses.

Your posts in the past were deleted because after having made your point many times, you continued on your "anti-guru" crusade to the point where we started receiving legal threats about what you were posting. Not all your posts were deleted - it was usually after a sustained attack from yourself and legal threats from your target, that action was taken.

You have the right to say whatever you want on a site you publish - and wear the consequences if you subsequently get sued for publishing them. However, we have no desire to be drawn into your legal battles because you take issue with someone or their business while posting on our site.

But you know all this. I've explained it to you a few times already.

Perp,

You have to be kidding.

It will be interesting to see if this post gets deleted because I have mentioned that which I'm not meant to. :rolleyes:

bye

Bill, you know full well that those posts back then were removed because The Name That Cannot Be Mentioned threatened legal action. How that equates to mods removing dissenting posts escapes me.

Last edited:
Perp,

You have to be kidding.

bye

:rolleyes:and 3 hours later, the post still lives... WEre you being serious or trying to hard to make a point ?

I think everyone's trykng to prove their point too hard.

A couple of people spat the duymy and left - shame..... but it's not my fault nor anyone else. The whole forum except these 2 peopel seems to be able to operate ok.. sometimes, it's just the way things have to go, what can you do.... Both had very intelligent information to provide in my view, bit of a shame, sometimes I wondered why they incldued some of the off topic racist etc opinions of theirs just to make insult people (and continue to go on about it), but then I figured sometimes they can be **** holes, jut like me... no big deal to me, I stayed on board and life went on..... but it's up to them if they don't want to stay on cause it's too hard for them... not up to me to beg them to say anything /convince the mods, I see no need, I'm happy enough with the enviroment .......if they don't wanna play, they don't wanna play..

Last edited:
Back